• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor is back, tell a friend...

22 posts in this topic

I have to agree with Kramerica in his response. I've enjoyed comics since the late 70's but the problem we are having now is getting too bogged down with continuity and the "yesteryear" syndrome. We all grew up on comics and tend to like and enjoyed what we are familiar with. But we have to give new and different ideas a chance. Yes, lets keep the core of the character, but lets look in some different directions instead of the same fights, same villians, same situations. No I didn't like "Sins of the Past" much as a storyline. And at first I didn't think I'd like the whole "mystic totem" idea about Peter's powers. But the idea grew on me. I for one tend to go with science but as was written in the end, it was just another way to look at the same thing. As far as Thor, I liked the whole "Spiral" story line at the end. The fact they made Thor worshipping happen in the comics is a first. They made some comparisons with established real religions and that was something that could never have been done before. And it also tied in with the Thorites of the 2099 series from the early 1990's in a way. I'm going to give this new Thor a chance...if nothing else, it will be interesting.