• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel's reprint policy

21 posts in this topic

I've also thought that newsstand sales could be stimulated by printing the newsstand copies with different covers.

Marvel WAS doing this a few years ago. They created a newstand only title called Marvel Universe. It was numbered on its own, but featured the direct sales comics of Daredevil and others exactly. The only difference was the cover art at first (Hulf issues) then the front cover logo changed, and the issue number. I think the insidees were actually the exact same diret copies, they even had the same indicia giving a different comic title and issue number than the cover!!

anyway, I agree that a different cover would be a good solution..EXCEPT, they would be criticized again for milking collectors who would be "FORCED" to buy all printings again!

I remember Marvel Universe.....there was also a Spider-Man Universe that had the limited series stories being published at the time.

I'd suggest the same titles/logos, but different cover art for all the newsstand titles. It'd be up to the collectors to buy the newsstand versions or not.

The biggest negative I'd foresee would be the possible cannibalization of comic shop sales.