• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBS news report

22 posts in this topic

Prechter's been singing the same tune since the 1980s. Wake me up when he's right......

Doc, despite his well-publicized stock market woes (which rarely take into the account that he actually did quite well on a risk-adjusted basis for much of the 1st half of the 1990s and nailed the last stages of the advance and all of the decline during the 1998-2003 period), Prechter's developed an envious track record in identifying social trends before they happen and how they affect market prices, including collectibles. He absolutely nailed the tops of the late '80s fine art bubble and (early '90s?) coin bubble and forecasted the trouble that baseball would encounter in the latter half of the 1990s (which was coincident with the cooling of the sports card mania).

In any case, I don't judge whether the message comes from Robert Prechter or Vincent Zurzolo...if it makes sense, it makes sense. Besides, I'll trust a front-page Wall Street Journal article that was cited in this commentary (I read it and think I commented on it on these Boards last month) over a lead "CBS News" story anyday... sumo.gif

Gene

Prechter's developed an envious track record in identifying social trends before they happen and how they affect market prices, including collectibles. He absolutely nailed the tops of the late '80s fine art bubble and (early '90s?) coin bubble and forecasted the trouble that baseball would encounter in the latter half of the 1990s (which was coincident with the cooling of the sports card mania).

And why not? Throw enough 893censored-thumb.gif at a wall, and some sticks.

I can't argue with you taking the WSJ news article as more likely accurate and informed than a CBS news story, though.