• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 16... pulped!

9 posts in this topic

I remember flipping through a Black Panther 27 or 28 (had Magneto in) and realizing that it had duplicate pages and only half the story. A few on the shelf were complete books, but most were not.

I'm sure I could have hyped it to the right X-men completist... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Heck...when I bought the Batman The Cult #4 in the late-80s, I noticed that a number of pages near the end were out of order...which made the end make no sense until you figured out the proper order. I asked the LCS owner about this on my next visit. He said a number of his copies came in that way and encouraged me to hang on to the copy as it was going to be worth mucho bucks in the future... screwy.gif27_laughing.gif

Jim

Heck...when I bought the Batman The Cult #4 in the late-80s, I noticed that a number of pages near the end were out of order...which made the end make no sense until you figured out the proper order. I asked the LCS owner about this on my next visit. He said a number of his copies came in that way and encouraged me to hang on to the copy as it was going to be worth mucho bucks in the future... screwy.gif27_laughing.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Do you still have it? Maybe put it up on eBay and see how many mucho bucks it's really worth. Make sure to list/hype it as "RARE! MINT Batman: The Cult #4 ERROR VARIANT!! L@@K!!!" tongue.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Do you still have it? Maybe put it up on eBay and see how many mucho bucks it's really worth. Make sure to list/hype it as "RARE! MINT Batman: The Cult #4 ERROR VARIANT!! L@@K!!!" tongue.gif

Yep...still got it... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

The more I think about this, the more the explanantion doesn't make sense. First both the DM and Newsstand iisues are part of the same print run. So essentially they were printed together with a minor change in plates for the newsstand run. The announcement says the newsstand copies made it out before the error was found...fine...but the distributors have recall procedures in place for this kind of issue. If Marvel wanted, those issues would never have hit the racks. Why wasn't it used?

I'm starting to think the Marvel publicity department was consulted on this problem...

Jim