• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

WorldsBest Comics

Fazybones

greggy

Plitch

crowsqb

JohnnyG

JohnnyG wasn't there

I guess that means I'm cooked.

Faye wasn't there either

WorldsBest Comics

Fazybones

greggy

Plitch

crowsqb

JohnnyG

JohnnyG wasn't there

I guess that means I'm cooked.

Faye wasn't there either

And neither was plitch I think. So, Zipper finishes with 3 right, maybe four if I am wrong about plitch. Anfield deleted his original post (which was of 2006 attendees doh!) but still named more than four correct because so many of us were there the previous year too. He had Steve & Stacy Sibra, Steve Bialick - who is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, crowsqb and me plus a few others.

His second post used the correct tactic of searching for my con report where I identified dinner participants. In fact he quoted a portion of my report.

So the final leg of this roadtrip goes something like this,

Zipper68 got tossed from the place when he caught trying to smuggle a bunch of blank CGC 10 labels out of the place. I said, "Anfield, this has been one crazy road trip. When I get that 9.8 copy of Akira back in the mail from CGC, I think I will mail it to you as a souvenir." And I will. [even though it means extra shipping to England :censored:]

Congrats to Mr. Fox and a big thank you to all who played :golfclap:

Grails buddy, I hope you enjoyed this one. :hi: Stay safe.

First time i've ever won anything! Thanks Steve!! WooHoo.gif

You played well...especially since the game was ending well after midnight for you :golfclap:

All thanks should go to Grails who was the actual owner of the Akira 1 given away in this game and whose many generous donations have made this thread one of the most popular on the CGC Boards. :headbang:

Thanks WBC, but all the credit goes to you. You ran a great game. And you probably did it while juggling work. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Flee, Silverage12 and Spongerob have won the three rounds. An equal deposit has been sent to each of your accounts. You can walk right now and keep your winnings. I only require that you use the money to purchase at least one comic and post that here.

As requested, here's a pic of the book I acquired using my winnings from this edition of Grails Game. (I supplemented the purchase with some funds that were sitting in my PayPal account, but only a little).

dd-1.jpg

I was very glad to keep the $$$ here on the boards, as I bought this from Collin (Comicdey) in the CGC Marketplace Forum. What a stand up guy, and an excellent transaction! :grin:

Big thanks again to Grails (and Steve, too) for continuing this tradition of fun games and generous prizes! (worship)

Flee, Silverage12 and Spongerob have won the three rounds. An equal deposit has been sent to each of your accounts. You can walk right now and keep your winnings. I only require that you use the money to purchase at least one comic and post that here.

As requested, here's a pic of the book I acquired using my winnings from this edition of Grails Game. (I supplemented the purchase with some funds that were sitting in my PayPal account, but only a little).

dd-1.jpg

I was very glad to keep the $$$ here on the boards, as I bought this from Collin (Comicdey) in the CGC Marketplace Forum. What a stand up guy, and an excellent transaction! :grin:

Big thanks again to Grails (and Steve, too) for continuing this tradition of fun games and generous prizes! (worship)

Thank you for posting that great book. Still two more winners out there... hope you didn't spend the money on anything useless like a utility bill or food.

"X" marks the spot where you will find the book that is the prize for this game. Your challenge is to figure out where "X" is. The first five persons to PM the correction location to me continue. No posts in this thread. Each person is limited to one answer.

Begin at Xavier's School for Gifted Children and fly the Blackbird east to the country of Storm's birth. From there, travel Northeast about 1000 miles and land in the capitol city.

Where are you?

"X" marks the spot where you will find the book that is the prize for this game. Your challenge is to figure out where "X" is. The first five persons to PM the correction location to me continue. No posts in this thread. Each person is limited to one answer.

Begin at Xavier's School for Gifted Children and fly the Blackbird east to the country of Storm's birth. From there, travel Northeast about 1000 miles and land in the capitol city.

Where are you?

There are two correct answers so far so there is room for three more! I am going to leave this open until we get five, even if it takes all day...

Where are you?

There are two correct answers so far so there is room for three more! I am going to leave this open until we get five, even if it takes all day...

OK, guys. I apologize but I buggered up the first question. I thought that Storm was born in Egypt. But, as wikipedia will tell you, she was born in New York City.

Please accept my apologies. I need to regroup and will restart Grail's Game tomorrow at 10 AM Pacific time.

:sorry:

Where are you?

OK, guys. I apologize but I buggered up the first question. I thought that Storm was born in Egypt. But, as wikipedia will tell you, she was born in New York City.

Please accept my apologies. I need to regroup and will restart Grail's Game tomorrow at 10 AM Pacific time.

Are you running for Miss Teen USA?

Where are you?

Are you running for Miss Teen USA?

My geography is OK. It was my memory that was at fault. I forgot the story about Ororo's mother moving to Harlem...