• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

Storm = Ororo =81

Nightcrawler = Kurt =70

Batman = Bruce = 49

Superman's secret identity = Clark = 45

Hulk = Robert = 78

Spider-Man = Peter = 64

Wolverine = James = 48

Wonder Woman = Diana = 29

((81*70)+(49*45))/(78+64+48+29) = 35.95890410958904109589 = 36 :shy:

I have been researching this challenge and I believe it has some merit. silverage12c had already posted the correct answer before I received any questions via PM. And although I did state in the instructions to PM me with any questions, the use of "Robert" and "James" as demonstrated above was not clearly questionable. In fact, a strong case could be made to use those names although they weren't the ones I used and therefore were not the "right' answer.

silverage12c remains the winner. However, I will also award a prize to gacguy. I have some ideas but I'll work that out with him via PM.

I feel bad that WBC has not played in a Grails Game so Steve, this ones for you. And you alone.

Name the book and issue. No help from the audience please.

w.jpg

Holy Moley! I have a game :o

I don't immediately recognize that image so I will have to do some research.

I feel bad that WBC has not played in a Grails Game so Steve, this ones for you. And you alone.

w.jpg

It appears to be a belt buckle and since the name of the picture is "w", and since I am a big Wolverine fan, I am guessing that it is a close-up of an image of Wolverine's belt from a cover. The color appears to be from a modern comic. hm

w.jpg

It appears to be a belt buckle of a member of the X-Men. And since the name of the picture is "w", and since I am a big Wolverine fan, I am guessing that it is a close-up of an image of Wolverine's belt from a cover. The color appears to be from a modern comic. hm

It isn't from any issue of the current Wolverine title or Astonishing X-Men which are the only two modern titles that I regularly read so I may have hit an impasse. It looks like it might be a photo cover so I checked the X-men movie covers on Mile High but no luck there.

You've stumped me amigo.

The answer is closer than you think.

I checked and it isn't my belt lol

I know it isn't from one of the comics that you left with me as a prize. By the way, you guys, they are AWESOME.

If it is a book I own, I will be humiliated so I'll check those now.

The answer is closer than you think.

It looks like it might be a zoom in from one of the other Marvel Civil War covers. However, I can't seem to find one with this image on it. hm

I know I will regret this but I am unable to solve it.

gacguy, if you can solve it in the next hour, your prize from the previous game will be a CGC 9.8 X-Men comic. If not, your prize will be a CGC 9.2 copy of Rai 0.

Well, my X marks the spot treasure hunt blew up yesterday but I will make sure that the next one is more your style (thumbs u

My style is hiding a picture and following the rules to find the answer Subjective stuff just causes too may problems.

Well, my X marks the spot treasure hunt blew up yesterday but I will make sure that the next one is more your style (thumbs u

My style is hiding a picture and following the rules to find the answer Subjective stuff just causes too may problems.

Maybe you should come up with a game? (shrug)

I have to concede defeat on this one

Me too, Grails. I "quickly" (115 pages) scrolled through the images in this thread and didn't see anything that looked like it was hiding this X.

But, it was fun looking at some of the past posts and it reminded me how much fun I have had watching this thread. And now I even got to play in a game for the first time. Which was fun even though I ultimately did not meet the challenge.

The "x marks the spot" treasure hunt will be up your alley when I relaunch it.

But, I will tell you that it is surprising how many objective questions turn out to be subjective when you guys start challenging things. lol