• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK...What did you win on Heritage?

72 posts in this topic

Unfortunately? sounds like a dream come true for you!

If you're not turned off by "cream" you probably have many opportunities to steal books I'd imagine?

It's unfortunate b/c I have no money, that's why I haven't been around tongue.gif

Anyways, with these huge Heritage scans.. I'd say 2 of the 5 books I bought with "cream" pages..(still far too many people out there apparantly still buying the label and NOT the book) don't actually have cream pages, but it's not worthwhile to resubmit..and who cares cause they aren't goin anywhere..

Brian

I might have to specialize in cream to off-white books

I know we have discuss this before Brian, and I definitely see this as a mixed bag.

While I don't particularly want "Cream to Off-White" on late Silver and newer books, if you can get a 20% (or more) discount, it definitely seems worth it.

Every once in a while you will see a "C/OW" sell for a big discount and my first thought is, take it out of the slab and sell it "raw". When people buy "raw" books, if you actually got the grade you expected (a real NM), would you even consider sending it back because you thought the pages might get the dread "Cream to Off-White". No Way! I would be happy just to get an accurately graded book.

By the way, you guys are making me feel bad. As I said, it looks like I won 9 books and didn't get one NM (or better) and that all that most of you got. Of course, three of the books I did get are the highest graded copy so that's probably worth something. tongue.gif

Thanks shiverbones...I almost missed the auction completely and when I finally got online there was only 15 minutes left to bid....man am I glad I have a cable connection... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I really wanted THIS ...but alas...I didn't get to it in time... 893frustrated.gif

Thanks shiverbones...I almost missed the auction completely and when I finally got online there was only 15 minutes left to bid....man am I glad I have a cable connection... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I really wanted THIS ...but alas...I didn't get to it in time... 893frustrated.gif

Rookie! confused-smiley-013.gif

I think the problem with the "won't touch cream" crowd, is that they understand that CGC is off sometimes on grading.. but fail to see they are fairly often slightly (or largely) off on the page quality. If I can get these books for 20, 30, 40 dollars or more off the normal price.. hell yeh I'm gonna do it. Does this mean I'll buy ANY cream paged book? No, cause some of them are quite cream.. take a look at "lot 16337" on the previously closed Heritage auctions..now I'd avoid that like the plague.. however, now look at "lot 16123"..how that didn't get the off-white notation is beyond me..

Brian

Every once in a while you will see a "C/OW" sell for a big discount and my first thought is, take it out of the slab and sell it "raw". When people buy "raw" books, if you actually got the grade you expected (a real NM), would you even consider sending it back because you thought the pages might get the dread "Cream to Off-White". No Way! I would be happy just to get an accurately graded book.

isn't that sort of like deception? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Rookie! confused-smiley-013.gif

But I learn quick... grin.gif

Hello Greggy,

Havent had the chance to write back and forth to you but when you said you bought a Wonder Woman # 200 it rung a bell cause I purchased mine a few months back. Isnt that a cool cover!!!!! Pretty Eerie isnt it. If you have a scan, please post for everyone. I purchased both a 198 or 199 with my # 200. One of those other two covers is just like # 200. Good collecting, Jeff

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yah I agree with you. Prices were a lot lower then normal. There are a few more that I wish I put higher bids on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God Bless the CRASH.

While I probably did buy a number of books under guide value, what books (Titles or Grades) did you feel sold for well below market value? Any particular books that you are really surprised about?

Also, I think many of us are getting slightly "tapped out" because of so many auctions. $2K last month and probably $2K this month is starting to hurt.

Hello Greggy,

Havent had the chance to write back and forth to you but when you said you bought a Wonder Woman # 200 it rung a bell cause I purchased mine a few months back. Isnt that a cool cover!!!!! Pretty Eerie isnt it. If you have a scan, please post for everyone. I purchased both a 198 or 199 with my # 200. One of those other two covers is just like # 200. Good collecting, Jeff

OK...I'll provide a more accurate scan once I receive he book. Without the brightness adjustments. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One it looks like I got and the other, Strange Worlds #5 VF+ Cosmic Airplane copy just got too high. If I wasn't bidding on other stuff I might have bid higher. Unfortunately, that is one of my three favorite covers of all time, and it slipped away. 893frustrated.gif

Hello Sfilosa,

I hadnt seen the Heritage auction this time. Did they have a Strange Worlds # 4. She is really looking good in that cover. My favorite of the series. I have to remember what # 5 looks like. Good collecting, Jeff

While I was in the market for an ASM #15, the white blotch on Spideys groin ruined the eye appeal of that book for me. I'm surprised it went for as much as it did - the 9.4 in San Diego went for about $1000 less. Any creative speculation on why Spidey may have a white blotch by his groin? insane.gif

http://apps.heritagecoin.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=750&Lot_No=79&zoom=1&sid=768158778B9E4B4D81A98400270A2A9B

So - I broke out of my Spidey mold and picked up Werewolf By Night #1 9.4 and Tomb of Dracula #1 9.4. I have reading copies from when I was a kid and wanted some nice slabbed ones.

Now back to those Spideys...

its the #199, one of my favorite bronze covers, top 3 easy! The jeff jones WW bondage covers are all the more telling since he started cross dressing, sort of the chained up woman inside of him....

So did the better centered OWW copy or the W copy sell for a higher price? confused-smiley-013.gif