• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos To Heritage Auctions For Adding Its New Feature To Track Prior Sales!

7 posts in this topic

It may very well be that this particular feature appeared in an earlier Signature Auction, but I just noticed it (and, to my knowledge, no one ever mentioned it before on the boards).

To be sure, I have often been critical of Heritage Comics on many levels. I do not agree with some of its business practices, and because of that I have made the principled decision - after spending mutiple six figures - not to purchase any additional books from their comic auctions for the purpose of reselling them. I do, to be candid, occasionally purchase unique comics (i.e., rare, one-of-kind, etc) for my own personal collection.

However, as quickly as I will professionally criticize (it is by no means a personal matter as I enjoy very positive relationships with Heritage personnel), I believe it only appropriate to compliment Heritage where praise is due. Of course, we all relish and appreciate Heritage's permanent auction inventory, and the high-res scans.

I now have noticed that they have added a new feature which openly provides links to "Previous Prices from Heritage Auctions for this item for this grade". Excellent and useful data to help assist prospective buyers to reach informed decisions. thumbsup2.gif For such a feature, Heritage absolutely deserves a round of 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here is an example of the new feature: Four Color #9 CGC 8.5

I have not yet explored the scope of this new feature, but the one thing I would hope they would include is information noting that a book's grade had been modified, whether through manipulation or resubmission (to the extent Heritage or its consignors know, of course). gossip.gif

They've been doing this for at least a year now. gossip.gif

Get out!!!! Seriously? makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif

I've bought from them a couple of times in the last year. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess the books I bought hadn't been sold previously. 27_laughing.gif

Well, it still deserves highlighting and 893applaud-thumb.gif