• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esquirecomics.com - SPECIAL FORUM DISCOUNTS - Celebrating 2007 Guide!!!

6 posts in this topic

We are less than two weeks away from the issuance of the 2007 Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide!!! So, sounds like a time for a special advance sale for forumites only! grin.gif

GRADES/PRICES: As noted. Any questions just ask.

SHIPPING: FREE

PAYMENT: Payment may be made by cash, money orders, personal checks. PayPal is an option if requested, but I prefer not to use it given the discounts. Book will not be shipped until personal checks clear.

RETURNS: EsquireComics is a founding member of the Network of Disclosure (www.networkofdisclosure.com) and therefore returns are always accepted, no questions asked (and this includes CGC books). so long as I am notified within 3 days, the book is sent back within 7 days and it is returned in the same condition. Buyer assumes return postage.

PAYMENT PLANS: Payment plans are generally available for up to three months. While there is no set minimum, the lower the dollar value the less likely a payment plan can be arranged due to the extra work involved. The initial down payment is nonrefundable and generally 1/3 of the retail cost of the book with the balance to be paid at the end of three months.

PURCHASE TACTIC: First takeit.gif takes it!!!

SALE ENDS: No earlier than Friday, April 20, 2007, and no later than Sunday, April 22, 2007

This is a beautiful example of the Lost Valley pedigree. This book turned 70 years old this month and just look at the condition!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Many Lost Valley books sell for 2x-3x guide. I have this one priced at not even 2x last years' guide! thumbsup2.gif

2006 Overstreet Value: NM-9.2 = $1,100.00

ASKING PRICE: $2,500.00

SPECIAL FORUM PRICE: $2,000.00

Comics2.jpgComics2b.jpg

A gorgeous example of the Pennsylvania pedigree, and a great WWII hero to boot!! Second highest graded copy, highest is only at 9.0.

2006 Overstreet value: VF 8.0 = $1,756.00; VF/NM 9.0 = $2,778.00

ASKING PRICE: $3,200.00

SPECIAL FORUM PRICE: $2,900.00

Fightingyank1.jpgFightingyank1b.jpg

As most forumites know, More Fun Comics is my speciality title. Then why, might you ask, do I have this book offered for sale? Well, I also happen to own the CGC 9.0 Crowley copy!

Kubert art.

Other than pedigree copies, one does not often find such HG copies of More Fun, and I think I should know!!!! For most dealers, especially at shows, these books are priced way over guide.

EsquireComics.com More Fun Collection Gallery

Two copies graded higher.

2006 Overstreet Value: VF/NM 9.0 = $860.00; NM- 9.2 = $1,175.00

ASKING PRICE: $1,175.00

SPECIAL FORUM PRICE: $900.00

MF97.jpgMF97b.jpg

Frankly, this copy looks better than an 8.0 to me.

Only two copies grade higher than this one, an 8.5 and a 9.2.

In 2002, the CGC 9.0, which at the time was #0056402013 (old label) O/W to W, sold for $2,587.50. It sold again in 2003, but for less, at $2,242.50.

Apparently, the owner took steps to ensure additional profit for his/her investment, and the 9.0 somehow became a 9.2 (new label). In 2004, the CGC 9.2 O/W to W copy sold for over guide at $3,450.00.

2006 Overstreet Value: VF 8.0 = $2,015.00

ASKING PRICE: $2,200.00

SPECIAL FORUM PRICE: $1,900.00 - BELOW GUIDE

Police2.jpgPolice2b.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #73

This is the highest graded copy of this issue (tied with 2 others). These are absolutely sweet copies, and very difficult to find in such HG! Please note case is cracked on back. Sold as is.

2006 Overstreet Value: VF 8.0 = $744; VF/NM 9.0 = $1,172

ASKING PRICE: $1,200.00

SPECIAL FORUM PRICE: $1,050.00

MM73.jpg

MM73b.jpg