• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neal Adams BATMAN #232 ORIGINAL ART, FIRST Ra's Al Ghul

23 posts in this topic

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the very nice response and the explanation. I understand what you're saying and thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure.

And with that being said I tend to be more in the camp that this sale might reflect more of how much art for key pieces has gone up again.

The one poster said when it was first listed it was around 13K and with your experience you know how art prices don't always climb gradually or gracefully.

So I guess maybe I was the only one that wasn't going to be surprised if this went to say 35K?

That last Batman movie was pretty darn good. smile.gif

Michael

Nice price on this page. Guess I will have to save up a bit more before trying to pick up any Adams Batman work. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Personally, I think the price was okay considering the relevance (1st Ra's Al Ghul) and the limited amount of Neal Adams Batman artwork to go around. I know this will probably get me into trouble on these boards, but I would have no problem paying a lot more for a Neal Adams Batman/Detective/Green Lantern cover or splash or cool interior page than for most of the Kirby stuff that is out there (other than some early Marvel work). I do not mean to disrespect the person who is arguably one of the greatest comic book artists/creatory, but Jack was so prolific that I can't imagine it is difficult to find some decent early to mid 60s artwork (a lot of his late 60s through 70s stuff does not count as decent).

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the very nice response and the explanation. I understand what you're saying and thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure.

And with that being said I tend to be more in the camp that this sale might reflect more of how much art for key pieces has gone up again.

The one poster said when it was first listed it was around 13K and with your experience you know how art prices don't always climb gradually or gracefully.

So I guess maybe I was the only one that wasn't going to be surprised if this went to say 35K?

That last Batman movie was pretty darn good. smile.gif

Michael

Maybe it wasn't stoopid money, more like Krazy money. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif