• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great, another thread locked

343 posts in this topic

Why? Why was the Disbared Lawyer thread locked? Makes no sense to me. While there was some flaming going on, in amongst the flaming, there was some debating of ideas that had value.

Completely agree. There was some real good stuff in there. The lines of communication may have been somewhat strained, but there was constructive dialogue occurring, and we have seen far, far worse flaming going on and a thread has lived.

Somebody definitely jumped the gun on this one.... frown.gif

Why? Why was the Disbared Lawyer thread locked? Makes no sense to me. While there was some flaming going on, in amongst the flaming, there was some debating of ideas that had value.

Mod # 4 doesn't take any krap so sit up straight and comb your hair when posting.

poke2.gif

I was surprised as well...I'm wondering whether the thread was read thoroughly before being locked. If it was going to be locked it should have been so yesterday or this morning. After you get by some of the venom the member who resurrected the thread was throwing out, it actually had some good debating in there...

Why it lasted a day after the majority of flaming was going on is beyond me... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Mod # 4 doesn't take any krap so sit up straight and comb your hair when posting.

poke2.gif

1763427-cgcmod4.JPG

1763427-cgcmod4.JPG.6211cbcf1a14bc3cbbe6173ed4bf9e6b.JPG

Well, actually, it was a close one.

FFB and awe4one almost agreed with eachother, which is like matter meeting anti-matter, but fortunately the mods locked things down before it actually happened, saving our universe from complete destruction of the space-time continuum.

Phew!!

FFB and awe4one almost agreed with eachother, which is like matter meeting anti-matter, but fortunately the mods locked things down before it actually happened, saving our universe from complete destruction of the space-time continuum.

Phew!!

Yeah...Scott's coming along to my line of thinking slowly but surely... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Completely agree. There was some real good stuff in there. The lines of communication may have been somewhat strained, but there was constructive dialogue occurring, and we have seen far, far worse flaming going on and a thread has lived.

Just like the Manufactured Gold thread getting locked and therefore pushed off of the map, this one has too. Too bad someone threw the baby out with the bathwater AGAIN!

And who is this CGCMod4? Does anyone seriously think we could send them a pm and actually get a response? At least when Arch or Dena lock a thread you know who locked it and might actually know with who you are dealing with. Hell, at least with those two you know that they are actually that person. For all we know, this mod could be a shill of one of the other mods so they can do stuff like this and not have to deal with the fall-out/flak from it.

GREAT JOB MODS, GREAT JOB!!!! yeahok.gif

poke2.gif

1763427-cgcmod4.JPG

27_laughing.gif

I also want to make sure that while I dont think the thread should have been locked, I DO NOT agree with the way that Brad was attacked. I didnt want my initial post to make it sound like I thought it was ok for that to have happened like it did.

Arex

Another must-read thread wheeled away to the Highly Educational warehouse. frown.gif

Stack it way in back, next to "Manufactured Gold".

Raiders_Of_The_Lost_Ark_Government_Warehouse2.jpg

Well it really went downhill fast in my opinion and deserved to be locked.

Why? Explain why you think that?

If anything, it should have been locked when Bill eviscerated Brad with no provocation? And then started throwing molotov cocktails at anyone who just happened to have an opposing view. It should have been locked then. Not now when some things were actually being discussed.

Well it really went downhill fast in my opinion and deserved to be locked.

Why? Explain why you think that?

If anything, it should have been locked when Bill eviscerated Brad with no provocation? And then started throwing molotov cocktails at anyone who just happened to have an opposing view. It should have been locked then. Not now when some things were actually being discussed.

You answered yourself. Everyone needs to realize that sometimes mods aren't around 24 hrs, the damage to the thread had already been done. That discussion wasn't going to go anywhere new nor was it going to be anything contructive anymore. They were talking about pork for the last 20 or so posts.

Phew!!

Yeah...Scott's coming along to my line of thinking slowly but surely... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Hitting the sauce again, eh Jimbo? poke2.gif