• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great, another thread locked

343 posts in this topic

Well, actually, it was a close one.

FFB and awe4one almost agreed with eachother, which is like matter meeting anti-matter, but fortunately the mods locked things down before it actually happened, saving our universe from complete destruction of the space-time continuum.

Phew!!

Yeah...Scott's coming along to my line of thinking slowly but surely... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Hitting the sauce again, eh Jimbo? poke2.gif

I wish...I'm on the 9-month "Thank You For Coming To Korea" TB program...

Jim

Well it really went downhill fast in my opinion and deserved to be locked.

Why? Explain why you think that?

If anything, it should have been locked when Bill eviscerated Brad with no provocation? And then started throwing molotov cocktails at anyone who just happened to have an opposing view. It should have been locked then. Not now when some things were actually being discussed.

You answered yourself. Everyone needs to realize that sometimes mods aren't around 24 hrs, the damage to the thread had already been done. That discussion wasn't going to go anywhere new nor was it going to be anything contructive anymore. They were talking about pork for the last 20 or so posts.

It was an analogy dammit makepoint.gif

If anything, it should have been locked when Bill eviscerated Brad with no provocation? And then started throwing molotov cocktails at anyone who just happened to have an opposing view. It should have been locked then. Not now when some things were actually being discussed.

You answered yourself. Everyone needs to realize that sometimes mods aren't around 24 hrs, the damage to the thread had already been done. That discussion wasn't going to go anywhere new nor was it going to be anything contructive anymore. They were talking about pork for the last 20 or so posts.

And a tasty analogy at that hi.gif

And a tasty analogy at that hi.gif

hi arex hi.gif

I found the pork debate mind-numbingly constructive..........I think I will fit it into my business model. Just not sure what side I will go with.

sorry.gif

Let's crank it back up! I'm game if you all are.

I'm giving respect where it's due. Just like Dan in the SNE thread, you're willing to stick around, take your punches and give them out too. I can't see how this can be bad for the hobby, and you've certainly conducted yourself with a certain level of decorum, despite the swipes. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now, if we could just convince you to stop talking 893censored-thumb.gif.

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

sorry.gif

Here, this will make you feel better flowerred.gif

6137.jpg

sorry.gif

6137.jpg

When can I give you more money! confused.gifshy.gif

sorry.gif

6137.jpg

thought you gave it all to linsner already poke2.gifstooges.gif

Let's crank it back up! I'm game if you all are.

I'd love to hear your response to my post on the two identical comics scenario...

Jim

There's nothing emotional about it...you've answered your own question here. I don't like resto...never have and likely never will. I much prefer the unmanipulated comic for the sole reason it is a "virgin" copy that hasn't been pressed, color-touched, trimmed, or anything done to enhance it structure or appearance. That's my preference...

Jim

If you are talking about the above quote, then that is where we disagree. I don't equate pressing with restoration. Trimming - sure, color touched - absolutely, structural support - yes, but simple pressing doesn't fall in my definition of restoration. Convince me otherwise and I may change my tune.

Richard

Why? Why was the Disbared Lawyer thread locked? Makes no sense to me. While there was some flaming going on, in amongst the flaming, there was some debating of ideas that had value.

Mod # 4 doesn't take any krap so sit up straight and comb your hair when posting.

poke2.gif

1763427-cgcmod4.JPG

lol

sorry.gif

6137.jpg

thought you gave it all to linsner already poke2.gifstooges.gif

Lisner can't draw like you smile.gif Now bump me up on the que. crazy.gif