• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What new comics will be given out on FREE COMIC BOOK DAY

26 posts in this topic

Here's what I do, Since the word "FREE" attracts EVERYONE, I allow one free comic to anyone who walks in the door. My reply to those who want more, come back at the end of the day, or next week, and if I have any left I will be glad to give them out. You would not beleive the "trailer trash" that shows up when the word "FREE" is used, some could care less about the hobby, others are shoppers from the "other" stores, and some are there for the material they have not seen or read.

If your a regular or a sub, I'll know you, and you will get what you want in the way of FCBD books. They will be set aside for you, because I have already offered them to you, personally.

I use these books at "KIDS DAY" in town, Halloween, and througout the year. Whenever I see a new kid in my store, or a customer with kids, they have a FCBD book when they leave my stores, even if they don't buy anything!

confused-smiley-013.gif

anyway, hope you all get what your looking for Saturday!

enjoy it for what it is.

Don

Here's what I do, Since the word "FREE" attracts EVERYONE, I allow one free comic to anyone who walks in the door. My reply to those who want more, come back at the end of the day, or next week, and if I have any left I will be glad to give them out. You would not beleive the "trailer trash" that shows up when the word "FREE" is used, some could care less about the hobby, others are shoppers from the "other" stores, and some are there for the material they have not seen or read.

If your a regular or a sub, I'll know you, and you will get what you want in the way of FCBD books. They will be set aside for you, because I have already offered them to you, personally.

I use these books at "KIDS DAY" in town, Halloween, and througout the year. Whenever I see a new kid in my store, or a customer with kids, they have a FCBD book when they leave my stores, even if they don't buy anything!

confused-smiley-013.gif

enjoy it for what it is.

Don

I forgot about telling them to come back later thing Don but yes its a good way to do it as well. I have always been happy to give teachers freebies that are leftover as well. Some school systems have approved them to be on the reading lists for kids. Some give them out for jobs well done or whatever else you have. I have one teacher that likes the manga and we provide several copies of those at least when asked about them.

Others are given to kids throughout the year and even when one kid comes in and the sibling wants something but mom or dad are reluctant to buy them something, you can give them a couple books and they are ecstatic. very cheap good will to have on hand.

I also agree about the 'wheres them free things' people and spillovers from other stores.

Does anyone's LCS do anything to actually get new readers in this day?

Our local LCS's have done things in conjunction with the local libraries/bookstores to get a broader market.

confused-smiley-013.gif

enjoy it for what it is.

Don

You know if your store wasnt 800 miles away I come there just on the above comments. I lived in your area for awhile.(Pikeville) so I understand what you mean. I think this year I plan to give out comics along with candy for Halloween. Anyone got a boatload of those 10cent or quarter books from Marvel and DC they wanna sell me?(I get about 200 trick or treaters each year.) Halloween is big out my house.

insane.gif

You know if your store wasnt 800 miles away I come there just on the above comments. I lived in your area for awhile.(Pikeville) so I understand what you mean. I think this year I plan to give out comics along with candy for Halloween. Anyone got a boatload of those 10cent or quarter books from Marvel and DC they wanna sell me?(I get about 200 trick or treaters each year.) Halloween is big out my house.

insane.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm, I could probably hook you up with some for a quarter a piece if you really want a box full of some books. Still have some from last year and sure to have some (not sure what til next week of course) leftovers from this year.

One thing I didn't like is that a couple weeks ago they put out the LEGION in the 31st century first issue book for kids and then this coming week they have it as a freebie...