• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you keep two collections?

23 posts in this topic

If not, I curse at my luck and sell the new one and throw out my line again.

So, which Warlock 1 CGC 9.6 did you keep? confused-smiley-013.gif

The one I won off eBay... it was clearly better. Structure, color, eye appeal... but thanks for hooking me up. It's funny sometimes how you can wait a long time for a book to surface and no sooner do you finally get one, a second opportunity is right around the corner. Same thing with a certain book I asked your opinion on recently. The best way to make a HTF key appear is to talk about it... it works too often to be a fluke. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ps.. I didn't make a fortune on the flip

ps.. I didn't make a fortune on the flip
Ok...as long as I made more $$...I don't care! Usually works that way if you hold a book for 10 years! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So how do you find the self control to buy books with the direct intent to sell as opposed to buying books you want for your own collection?

Well...if another FF 52 9.6 (your infamous BIN?) popped up on ebay with the same BIN, you'd see how! If I think I can sell the book for more than I paid, then I'll pick it up. I don't buy "flip" books to hold and hope they appreciate, I buy them expecting to immediately turn around and sell them at some profit. My capital doesn't get held up for long...buy at wholesale, sell at retail.

Do you already have everything you want?

Ha! When my want list gets whittled down, I just look over my books again to identify upgrades, or expand the (lack of) focus of my collection. 893frustrated.gif