• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense Question

23 posts in this topic

Anyone know why this series is so cheap for later issues. I had a couple sell for a few dollars a piece which doesn't make sense to me. The supply of these books must be huge to have these prime Captain America & Iron Man comics to not be going way up with the movie coming out and Cap being killed. Any thoughts on why this series is treated like a poor step child?

The three lesser titles: TOS, TTA, and Strange Tales sell cheap below VF.

ST is probably the cheapest. I've gotten nice VFs off eBay for as little as $3 on issues in the late 130s and up.

Sometimes it pays to recapture the whole reading experience.

This quote I totally agree with and I think that this is the most valid point of the once-great TOS series.

I can clearly remember reading this series as a boy and loved them all!!!

Yes Iron Man is my favorite character BUT I like ALL the Marvel characters a lot. Yes the CAP parts were ok too.

Remember Stan Lee was writing most of the titles back then and I can grasp how hard it must have been to meet the monthly deadlines for many titles.

I think that the TTA series was ok too. Good move by Marvel when they were "allowed" to print more titles in the early part of 1968. Marvel then had growth and hired more writers and a few more pencilers.

CAL hi.gif

I thought the Iron Man stories in ToS were quite good starting with #46 and introduced some cool characters (Mandarin, Black Widow, Hawkeye, etc). But the series seems to get worse towards the end with the whole AIM storyline that continued into IMSM and the Iron Man title. As for the Captain America, I haven't really read them.

But since I just finished my 1300-page Bone volume, I think I'll finally read them this month. Obviously, I expect the Red Skull appearances to be the highlight (just as in the original GA series).

popcorn.gif