• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how's this FF50 look

6 posts in this topic

Considering that you can't see the top of the book, I'm not sure how to give it a grade. That is the most like part to have damage, as that is where the overhang is.

I does seem like a nice book but the corner crease will bring it to a VF or below for sure.

I am sure this would be at the very least a VF-, with a possible VF. Damage upper right has already been mentioned. Something appears to be hanging from the side lower right? Some damage also on the right edge about 1/3 of the way down. And, the stress cracks. Very nice copy. Classic signs of VF- to VF range. grin.gif

7.0 to 7.5 even with the crease because the rest of it is so attractive.

I agree. If the crease in the upper right is the only defect, 7.0/7.5 is about right; it'll never crack 8.0 with that crease. 7.0 is the most likely maximum grade.

However, Pov is right that the real grade is hidden behind the scan...you'll never be able to accurately grade from a scan unless the seller gives a descriptive list of all defects, particularly one this dark. Defects of a significant size can be too light to see in any size scan, or they can hide inside the artwork. In Webhead's other thread, I thought there might be a crease in the lower right of a Spidey 68...but even with the blow up you can't tell whether it's part of the art or a crease unless you had another copy of the issue to compare against.