• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARHOL vs. THE DOW [New York Sun]

78 posts in this topic

You are one of the slowest witted posters [next to MisterTrent] that occupy this board. I honestly dont know why you are so thick headed.

Slow witted is someone who continues to create fake names and alternate aliases to use on a message board that has banned them too many times to count.....not able to figure out, even though they are being beaten over the head with it consistently, that their commentary is not welcome or appropriate.

You might not know who I am talking about, which would also be a sign of slow wittedness.

You rally & bally-hoo about the lack of a bidder but miss the KEY POINT,...PRICE is determined at the intersection of bidder AND SELLER. And,...if the seller's ask price is 100k...this is pretty good evidence to supporrt my point.

I want $2 million dollars for my Shrek 3 happy meal toys ( a complete set mind you) I just have not found a buyer....YET.....but since I am asking that much for it, it is "pretty good evidence" that I have set them at market price. 27_laughing.gif

Blindly accepting a seller's asking price as "market price" without a buyer to go along with it might be the most silly thing I have ever seen you write.....and you have a pretty ripe top 10 list to choose from.

So why should I address and issue which you dredge up to confuse MY POINT,....when you cant even play fair by using a little thing I like to call.........

[drum-roll].....

LOGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say the #100 cover is a $100k cover....those are YOUR WORDS

I provide testimony and proof that the very same #100 cover sold not that long ago at a price SIGNIFICANTLY BELOW 100k and ask you to respond.

You refuse to respond because I am not being logical????makepoint.gif

Yeah that's what it is..... screwy.gif

C

You are one of the slowest witted posters [next to MisterTrent] that occupy this board. I honestly dont know why you are so thick headed.

Slow witted is someone who continues to create fake names and alternate aliases to use on a message board that has banned them too many times to count.....not able to figure out, even though they are being beaten over the head with it consistently, that their commentary is not welcome or appropriate.

You might not know who I am talking about, which would also be a sign of slow wittedness.

You rally & bally-hoo about the lack of a bidder but miss the KEY POINT,...PRICE is determined at the intersection of bidder AND SELLER. And,...if the seller's ask price is 100k...this is pretty good evidence to supporrt my point.

I want $2 million dollars for my Shrek 3 happy meal toys ( a complete set mind you) I just have not found a buyer....YET.....but since I am asking that much for it, it is "pretty good evidence" that I have set them at market price. 27_laughing.gif

Blindly accepting a seller's asking price as "market price" without a buyer to go along with it might be the most silly thing I have ever seen you write.....and you have a pretty ripe top 10 list to choose from.

So why should I address and issue which you dredge up to confuse MY POINT,....when you cant even play fair by using a little thing I like to call.........

[drum-roll].....

LOGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say the #100 cover is a $100k cover....those are YOUR WORDS

I provide testimony and proof that the very same #100 cover sold not that long ago at a price SIGNIFICANTLY BELOW 100k and ask you to respond.

You refuse to respond because I am not being logical????makepoint.gif

Yeah that's what it is..... screwy.gif

C

You can call my posts 'inappropriate' all you want. The fact of the matter is that I have never said anything egregious & my posts are wholly salient. It is disgusting that 'group-think' rules & free ideas are stymied. Gee-whiz, I prognosticate that prices will go up on OA, & you and a bunch of other 'dips' pretend my statements 'cross the line'. I find it unfathomable that $$$$ and INVESTMENT are considered unsavory topics.

Moreover, I truly find it utterly laughable that asking prices denoted by mainstream dealers as supporting evidence of FMV you deem to be tantamount to asking $1Million for Shrek collectibles. Please dont tell me you actually live by your logical wits because AGAIN,...your arguments are so lame as to be laughable. You are so proud of your nonsense you cant even see my point anymore. Namely, that LARGE ART ASM Covers will liely never sell below 100K because no one will sell below that price. You can pretend I am 'off-track'...and wrong.,....but I am objectively correct,...despite your denials.

Lastly, on the issue of the #100 which you are so incessant on harping about. Your testimony is biased & uh,...I didnt see any evidence - so not sure what in blue blazes you are talking about.

Luego Paco!

Chris

I think an accurate statement is that no dealer/owner will sell their large size ASM cover for less than 100K. They will be content to have them posted on their website or CAF site with pricetags over 100K (I can think of the 42 and 59 which come right to mind). There will be no bites at these price levels. However, when push comes to shove and individuals need cash they will be happy to negotiate a more modest price either publicly (auction) or privately.

My 2 cents

Chris

I think an accurate statement is that no dealer/owner will sell their large size ASM cover for less than 100K. They will be content to have them posted on their website or CAF site with pricetags over 100K (I can think of the 42 and 59 which come right to mind). There will be no bites at these price levels. However, when push comes to shove and individuals need cash they will be happy to negotiate a more modest price either publicly (auction) or privately.

My 2 cents

I agree with this statement 100%....

this makes sense and doesn't impute legitimacy onto asking prices simply because they are asked.

Chris

Lastly, on the issue of the #100 which you are so incessant on harping about. Your testimony is biased & uh,...I didnt see any evidence - so not sure what in blue blazes you are talking about.

Luego Paco!

Biased would be owning a cover or two from the run you are shilling and constantly attempting to "talk them up". So you know what biased is, you just can't identify it properly.

And if you knew as much as you think you do about the market both recent sales of the ASM #100 cover (when Burkey acquired it and when he parted with it) would be known to you.

These sales would be common knowledge, which means you either don't know as much as you think you do, or you know full well but, having a horse in this race, are loathe to admit the weakness.

Well at least you are off the "Romita's are worth $250k soap box"....baby steps I guess.

C

Luego Paco!

Biased would be owning a cover or two from the run you are shilling and constantly attempting to "talk them up". So you know what biased is, you just can't identify it properly.

And if you knew as much as you think you do about the market both recent sales of the ASM #100 cover (when Burkey acquired it and when he parted with it) would be known to you.

These sales would be common knowledge, which means you either don't know as much as you think you do, or you know full well but, having a horse in this race, are loathe to admit the weakness.

Well at least you are off the "Romita's are worth $250k soap box"....baby steps I guess.

C

You trying to rassle my feathers?

There is no doubt in my mind that certain covers within Romita's LARGE ART run on ASM are worth $250K. You cant compare the #42 & #59 with the #39, #40 ETC,...

And why should I address your #100 nonsense when you cant even admit that my posts are an expression of my First Ammendment rights and I have been tarred & feathered ill-judiciously. Is it because you are a sheep? Baaa.

When he first started posting, I thought the experienced board members jumped the gun when they assumed/accused him to be KK.

Guess they were right! Good thing I didn't speak up to defend the "innocent newcomer"

It was pretty obvious from post #1. confused-smiley-013.gif

There is no doubt in my mind that certain covers within Romita's LARGE ART run on ASM are worth $250K. You cant compare the #42 & #59 with the #39, #40 ETC,...

Can you point to a specific sale at these levels? I'm not aware of any, but if there is one, I'd like to hear about it.

Otherwise, please provide the factual basis for your opinions.

Can you point to a specific sale at these levels? I'm not aware of any, but if there is one, I'd like to hear about it.

I apologize for the Melville refrain but I must quote the dear 'Bartleby the Scrivner' and state that `I would prefer not to'.

I apologize for the Melville refrain but I must quote the dear 'Bartleby the Scrivner' and state that `I would prefer not to'.

foreheadslap.gif

Wow, talk about a:

retard2.jpg

I have seen a lot of art pages sitting on dealer web sites at ridiculous prices. And they sit. And sit. And sit.

An unsold item does not set the bar for market value. ACTUAL prices of SOLD pieces (cash, not trade or partial trade) set market value. And ideally, that would be MULTIPLE sold pieces. One sale does make a trend. Although in our little hobby one sale does lead all the dealers to suddenly raise their prices.

Are large art Romita ASM covers expensive?

Yes.

Are they likely to go up in value in the coming years?

Yes.

Are they routinely selling for more than $100K CURRENTLY?

Uh, that'd be "NO."

So, KK, continue to

FC0425171426.jpg

The reality is you're just a

broken_record.jpg

foreheadslap.gif

Wow, talk about a:

retard2.jpg

I have seen a lot of art pages sitting on dealer web sites at ridiculous prices. And they sit. And sit. And sit.

An unsold item does not set the bar for market value. ACTUAL prices of SOLD pieces (cash, not trade or partial trade) set market value. And ideally, that would be MULTIPLE sold pieces. One sale does make a trend. Although in our little hobby one sale does lead all the dealers to suddenly raise their prices.

Are large art Romita ASM covers expensive?

Yes.

Are they likely to go up in value in the coming years?

Yes.

Are they routinely selling for more than $100K CURRENTLY?

Uh, that'd be "NO."

So, KK, continue to

FC0425171426.jpg

The reality is you're just a

broken_record.jpg

Yeah, you person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point,..keep spending $1800 on photocopies.

The only part of your statement that makes sense,..is that Large Art ASM Covers don't ROUTINELY sell for over $100,000...because they dont ROUTINELY come up for sale.

Ahemm,..but when they do.........

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=13820&si=123

But never mind...ya freakin' photo copying buying person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point...

buy whatever makes ya happy.

But dont lets not all here let the facts get in the way of reality.

Every piece I have cited of Large ART ASM Cover art has either an asking price...or a sale price of over $100K...

but lets pretend...Im Krazy and my statements are utter hyperbole.

Geez.

On a side note but related in many ways, and to hopefully upgrade the converse... a year or two ago I threw into a deal the twiceup original Stat to ASM #46. A throw in! I wonder what that would go for now, of course it wasn't the same as these production covers on ebay, but kinda similar. Man it was pretty, wish I had the original....... wink.gifgrin.gifconfused.gifsmirk.giflaugh.gifmad.gifcool.gifsmile.giffrown.gifblush.gifcrazy.giftongue.gif

On a side note but related in many ways, and to hopefully upgrade the converse... a year or two ago I threw into a deal the twiceup original Stat to ASM #46. A throw in! I wonder what that would go for now, of course it wasn't the same as these production covers on ebay, but kinda similar. Man it was pretty, wish I had the original....... wink.gifgrin.gifconfused.gifsmirk.giflaugh.gifmad.gifcool.gifsmile.giffrown.gifblush.gifcrazy.giftongue.gif

My guess. Based on the stoopid prices these stats have been getting. Id say 4k-5k. Was it to ASM #46 or a Marvel Tales or what have you? Was it stamped on the back, what year?

But never mind...ya freakin' photo copying buying person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point...

27_laughing.gif That's exactly what I do. However, I don't hype it over and over and over and over. I buy the things I like and I enjoy them. You however, get on everyone's nerves because you are a one-trick, one message, boring person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed of a broken record.

I am VERY happy about my purchase of a photocopy production cover! Especially one of my favorite covers of all time. cloud9.gif I may be a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, but I'm a happy person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. Which is more than I can say for you, ya freakin' 100k Romita Cover hyping felching sphincter.

It's unfortunate that you cannot seem to enjoy your art, you can only harp repeatedly about how much it should be (not is) worth. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such an azzwipe.

27_laughing.gif That's exactly what I do. However, I don't hype it over and over and over and over. I buy the things I like and I enjoy them. You however, get on everyone's nerves because you are a one-trick, one message, boring person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed of a broken record.

I am VERY happy about my purchase of a photocopy production cover! Especially one of my favorite covers of all time. cloud9.gif I may be a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, but I'm a happy person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. Which is more than I can say for you, ya freakin' 100k Romita Cover hyping felching sphincter.

It's unfortunate that you cannot seem to enjoy your art, you can only harp repeatedly about how much it should be (not is) worth. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such an azzwipe.

Steve,

You're holding back.....how do you really feel? popcorn.gif

Chris

Steve,

You're holding back.....how do you really feel? popcorn.gif

Chris

Me? I'm happy as a clam in the briny deep, my friend! yay.gif

thumbsup2.gif