• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you do with a zero feedback new ID bidder?

22 posts in this topic

Zero feedback new ID bidder: Revisited.

flashspeedforce(0) is NARU, of course.

But now I'm experiencing it from the other side... a new ID thrill bidder just jacked up the price of a comic I'm watching along with 6 other items. Highly dubious. So I sent a message to the seller.

"Hello,

I was interested in bidding on your item, but looks like you've got a thrill bidder on your listing. I had the same problem as a seller a few months ago... brand new user bidding on multiple expensive items and never paid for anything or answered emails. You might want to contact the bidder and see what their intentions are."

Of course, now with the new, wonderful ID masking system that eBay has instituted, we can't even see the full ID to see what else they have bid on. Thanks, eBay. :yeahok:

I just wonder how much of an incentive the seller will have to cancel the user's bids when they're driving up the price of their item.

Very annoying. :mad: