• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Western MO Silver Age Books For The Week Of June 1 - 8, 2007

20 posts in this topic

Grades and prices as noted. Any questions just ask. $5 shipping USPS Priority Mail for domestic, $8 for Canada/Mexico, $10 all other countries. Combined shipping available. Paypal is accepted, money orders and checks are fine also (but personal checks must clear first).

Additional scans available upon request. Grading is subjective so returns are always accepted, no questions asked, so long as I am notified within 3 days, the book is sent back within 7 days and it is returned in the same condition. Buyer assumes return postage.

First takeit.gif "takes it".

JIM #110 (Nov 1964), solid looking mid grade copy, love the cover colors, minor spine wear, defects evident in scan (primarily upper left corner and slight creases/tears along right edge), slight interior cover shadowing, F+

2007 OS Value = approx. $70

Forum Price = $50

JIM110.jpg

JIM #111 (Dec 1964), solid looking lower to mid grade copy, love the cover colors, the book is slightly miswrapped (as is evident from the scan) and the staples are starting to pull away from the book but still intact, 3" crease upper right corner, interior cover shadowing, not a bad looking copy, VG

2007 OS Value = approx. $30

Forum Price = $20

JIM111.jpg

JIM #123 (Dec 1965), beautiful cover colors, very slight creasing along spine, small tear upper left corner, slight chipping/creasing along edges, interior cover shadowing, back cover has exterior shadowing (small discloration), presents much better than VG/VG+

2007 OS Value = approx. $30

Forum Price = $20

JIM123.jpg

Strange Adventures #217 (Mar-Apr 1969), origin & 1st app. Adam Strange from Showcase #17, solid looking mid grade copy, creasing along edges as evident in scan, slight interior cover shadowing, slightly dirty back cover, F+

2007 OS Value = approx. $14

Forum Price = $8

SA217.jpg

Ok, slightly off topic ( insane.gif ) but since I was scanning these in for other collectible purposes, I thought why not spice this thread up a bit with some history!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is an original wireless Marconigram sent from the RMS Olympic to its sister ship RMS Titanic as the latter was sinking after striking an iceberg on April 14, 1912. The initial thought was to try and have the Titanic and Olympic meet somewhere but the damage was far too severe for the Titanic to do so. She sank with a loss of over 1,500 lives less than two hours after this cable was sent.

Marconigram---Olympic.jpg

Strange Adventures #150 (March 1963), a very exotic sci-fi cover, almost photographic, 1/4" spine split upper left, slight smaller than that lower left, creasing/small tears along edges, 1" upper left back cover crease, slight interior cover shadowing, VG+/F-

2007 OS Value = approx. $20

Forum Price = $12

SA150.jpg

Ok, slightly off topic ( insane.gif ) but since I was scanning these in for other collectible purposes, I thought why not spice this thread up a bit with some history!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is an original wireless Marconigram sent from the RMS Olympic to its sister ship RMS Titanic as the latter was sinking after striking an iceberg on April 14, 1912. The initial thought was to try and have the Titanic and Olympic meet somewhere but the damage was far too severe for the Titanic to do so. She sank with a loss of over 1,500 lives less than two hours after this cable was sent.

That is so cool!!! Same date and year my grandfather was born... thumbsup2.gif

For sale?????????????????????

JLA #21 (Aug 1963), one of my favorite issues ever!!! re-intro of the JSA, 1st SA app. of Hourman and Dr. Fate, 1/4" spine splits on top/bottom, 1/4" tear upper left, 1" crease lower right corner, fingerprint stains on front/back cover, slight interior cover shadowing, solid colors, VG

2007 OS Value = approx. $68

Forum Price = $45

JLA21.jpg

For sale?????????????????????

Not yet, but it will be eventually. I need to get it framed with some other Titanic/Olympic artifacts. It will show up at some point on my forthcoming website (hopefully in Sept) of www.esquirecollectibles.com.

JLA #22 (Sept 1963), continuation of one of my favorite issues ever!!! re-intro of the JSA, beautiful cover colors, obvious creasing as evident in scan along right side, VG+

2007 OS Value = approx. $70

Forum Price = $50

JLA22.jpg

Another OT post. A very uncommon, if not rare, CDV of Boston Corbett, who allegedly (I have to say that given I tried to exhume the alleged remains of John Wilkes Booth!) shot and killed JWB on April 26, 1865. Mr. Corbett was quite a twisted individual! He castrated himself. 893whatthe.gif

Corbet.jpg

WW #124 (Aug 1961), Wonder Woman family appearance, low grade copy1/4" spine split upper left, tearing/creasing lower right corner, defects visible in scan, staples starting to separate, G+

2007 OS Value = approx. $22

Forum Price = $11 (50% Guide!)

WW124.jpg