• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30 Days of Night: The movie - Teaser poster released!

47 posts in this topic

Not gotten around to reading the books, but given by all the hoopla, I assumed it was worth the effort.

The movie poster does look good, so I'm guessing they've put a bit of cash into the project.

And is that some kind of record for comic book to movie turn around time? confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh, and nice citation of a 'Graphic novel' as the source.

Shame most of joe public wouldn't really know what one is.

And in the corner of the artist, the writer's name probably go there confused-smiley-013.gif But I guess it's more a question of marketting. A no-name writer, or some 'cool' alternative media medium.

Anyones guess from this point....

Poster looks great! Pretty excited for the movie as well. Hope they don't blow it as the premise is great. I hope they are able to maintain the creepy atmosphere that Templesmith's art portrayed.

Love both the 1st and 2nd series of 30 Days. The subsequent series weren't near as good.

Well, for anyone who hasn't read the original 3-issue mini-series, I highly recommend picking it up in TPB format.

Ben Templesmith's art is fantastic, and Steve Niles' story rocks headbang.gif

I've read some of the sequels and spin-offs, but the original just can't be beat!

Also, look for those comics to skyrocket if the movie is a success 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Heck, I might even have to part with mine if the money is right 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

th_30days1.jpgth_30days2.jpgth_30days3.jpg

I think I told you the story about when I bought a #1 at a con and got charged 1st print price for the second printing tonofbricks.gif

Yeah, you did crazy.gif

That's really sucky......sorry flowerred.gif

I think I told you the story about when I bought a #1 at a con and got charged 1st print price for the second printing tonofbricks.gif

Yeah, you did crazy.gif

That's really sucky......sorry flowerred.gif

I shouldve read it though since I paid so much foreheadslap.gif

Those covers are seriously morbid. Something very hard to acheive without your usual blood/gore splatter option.

Yeah, the covers are what first pulled me to the series! I think they're absolutely amazing!

I think I can still pick up the 1st Edition TPB signed by Niles and Templesmith at my LCS...

(all 1st editions were signed by both Niles and Templesmith when it first dropped)

I think I can still pick up the 1st Edition TPB signed by Niles and Templesmith at my LCS...

(all 1st editions were signed by both Niles and Templesmith when it first dropped)

So, that's why mine is signed... Thanks!

Yep, the first shipment of trades were signed thumbsup2.gif

[From ICv2.com]

30 Days of Night TPB Will Be Signed

First 7,500 Copies

January 12, 2003

IDW Publishing has announced that the first 7,500 copies of the 30 Days of Night trade paperback will come with a tipped-in plate featuring the signatures of creators Steve Niles (writer) and Ben Templesmith (artist). Since this "signed edition" actually represents an overprint, retailers can still place advance reorders and receive the signed editions. The book will remain in print after these copies are gone, but only the first 7,500 copies will include the tipped-in plates.

The trade paperback edition of the surprise hit horror comic also includes eight new pages of story that have not appeared in any of the 30 Days of Night comics, and, as a special bonus, Steve Niles' 24-page -script for the first issue of the comic series. The trade paperback edition will now contain 104 pages, but the price will remain the same as when it was solicited, $17.99.

30 Days of Night is a high concept comic -- vampires taking advantage of Alaska's month-long winter darkness -- that was sold to Hollywood before the first issue had even appeared. Even though the film version of 30 Days of Night is still in the planning and production phase, the comic series has done very well on its own, and the trade paperback edition was Diamond's #1 selling graphic novel for the month of January.

I am really looking forward to the movie, loved the series.

But I am looking forward to Rob Zombies Halloween even more: MOVIE

halloweennewposter.jpg

Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to the Halloween remake as well!

And, of course, Bruce Campbell's new movie They Call Me Bruce cloud9.gif

Anyone else REALLY looking forward to this movie?

Yeah, so I can sell my slabbed copies.

Angelo

Just out of curiosity, what grades are yours?

Hopefully we can do well if we decide to sell them during the movie hype 893crossfingers-thumb.gif