• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JERRY BAILS ORIGINAL ART COLLECTION

46 posts in this topic

Thought i would give a head up here that i have been posting portions of the late Jerry Bails original art collection of Silver Age Justice Society of America original art work.

First up is the Splash page to Chapter two from Showcase #55 by the great Murphy Anderson Approved by the Comics Code time stamped Nov 4 1964

Am accepting offers on the art you will see here up thru San Diego Comicon

if you wish to see a lot more of Jerry's collection, go to the GOLD section here in CGC-Land and click on JERRY'S ALL STARS thread

Robert Beerbohm

www.BLBcomics.com

eBay store: BLBcomics

Showcase055-Ch2Splash.jpg

Where is this gold section??????

All I see is:

Genre

Classics Illustrated

Crime

Comics Magazines,

Fanzines, Tabloids

Disney

Horror/Crime/Science Fiction *New*

Marvel, Timely, Atlas

Platinum and Victorian Era

Romance/Teen Humor*New*

TV/Movie

War

Westerns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Items of Interest

Big Little Books, Pop-ups, etc.

Movie, TV, Monster Magazines

The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck

A seminal story in the evolution of the return of the Justice Society of America was the 3rd Golden Age Flash story in #137 drawn by Infantino. These Flash 137 pages are time stamped by the Comics Code on Jan 29 1963, so they began this story's concepts most likely in late 1962

BAILSFlash0137-20.jpg

Great OA Robert

What a collection Jerry had. Wish I had started buying OA back in the late 70s and early 80s when I started collecting for the second time.

There was lots of stuff available then and not to expensive.

You setting up at the Heroes con next weekend?

Great OA Robert

What a collection Jerry had. Wish I had started buying OA back in the late 70s and early 80s when I started collecting for the second time.

I was going to be setting up at Shelton's Heroes Con, but coming out from the MidWest, i factored out the gas charges to be over a grand round trip, and cannot justify it any more - it was with heavy heart i called Shelton Drum and we talked about it - what i need to do is move closer to the east coast to take in all the shows up & down the coast, cuz as it stands these days, it is a hell of a commute

I think the only show i am going to set up at this year will be San Diego Booth 5414, right at the B door entrance on the right side against the wall into the GOLD SILVER Pavilion they have set up

Great OA Robert

I was going to be setting up at Shelton's Heroes Con, but coming out from the MidWest, i factored out the gas charges to be over a grand round trip, and cannot justify it any more - it was with heavy heart i called Shelton Drum and we talked about it - what i need to do is move closer to the east coast to take in all the shows up & down the ocast, cuz as it stands these days, it is a hell of a commute

I think the only show i am going to set up at this year will be San Diego Booth 5414, right at the B door entrance on the right side against the wall into the GOLD SILVER Pavilion they have set up

Sorry to hear that. Gas prices are starting to have an impact I'm afraid.

I always look forward to seeing you and your inventory at the show and talking with you. I remember you bought a Top Notch # 9 from me last year. Hope San Diego is fun and profitable this year. I'm sure it will be.

Good Luck.