• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To be original here's another "New CGC Label" thread, with a twist!

24 posts in this topic

Sooo..................

What I want to know is this:

Had CGC removed the numbering altogther (9.0, 4.5, etc.) and went with a strictly alpha grading classification (I.E. VG/FN, VF, NM) would you be more or less upset?

In your replies, you're not allowed to use the word "nomenclature". insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Most definitely I would be upset. Again, removing information that was there to begin with. Just like the alpha grade, Keep the numeric grade. You are displaying less information then what you had before.

I voted that only having the alpha system would ubset me more because the number grading system is much better the the alpha system. The number system not only tells you the grade, but also tells you where on the grading scale the grade is compared to the other grades. VF might descibe the grade, but it doesn't tell you if it's better or worse then NM, but anyone can tell you that a 9.4 is better then an 8.0. Also from the numbers 8.0 and 9.4 you can tell that those grades are high grade. VF on the alpha scale looks more like a midgrade because the alpha scale doesn't have anything to denote the greater precision at the higher grades.

Also, as someone else poited out, numbers are much better for databases.