• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Spoiler***..Adam Strange is HUSH!!!

26 posts in this topic

Its clearly just who it seemed like all along - - Dr Tommy. This issue ends with a quote by HUSH about the meaning of "friends". He's a rich genius surgeon who manipulated all the others all along. He'll probably end up crazy in Arkham at the end, rather than dead, body missing etc. and return as a major villain.

thats what I say

the motive is revenge...because Bruces dad the doctor "let" Tommys dad die when they were kids. A typical comics misunderstanding. Dr Wayne failed to save him although he heroically tried his best.

As for why Tommy didnt just botch the surgery of Bruce, well, you know, saving him only to torture him is the comics way! Loeb does like surprises and works with false leads, but, from here therse's just one more issue...and I think almost half will be epilogue to put everything back together again as it was before. Bats has to break up with Catwoman. Get his family back in order. "Re-bury" Jason or at least have a service at the gravesite. Deal with Huntress.Im sorry its over..its been real good.

Its clearly just who it seemed like all along - - Dr Tommy. This issue ends with a quote by HUSH about the meaning of "friends". He's a rich genius surgeon who manipulated all the others all along. He'll probably end up crazy in Arkham at the end, rather than dead, body missing etc. and return as a major villain.

Dr. Tommy it probably is ("How Conveeenient"), but note:

a) Harvey Dent was also a friend of Bats/Bruce, and

b) the double (a la Two-Face) pistols Hush is holding, and

c) the comment (something like) "friends as a soul in two bodies"

as the final pieces of misdirection. Still wouldn't rule out the way-outa-left-field Hugo Strange, but if there is any safe money, it's bet on Dr. Tommy.

Did Loeb do anything with the Two Face storyline after he and Gordon had their talk? I don't have the books in front of me at the moment. #618 was great. That double page splash of Bats/JT (Clayface) was amazing.