• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you guys do?

41 posts in this topic

So far, so good. He's not blowing it off I'm gonna try to find the actual procedure to get the money from the USPS today......

To be honest, I'm not sure........

Check out the USPS.com web site........ it should say on there.

Please email me back your full address so i can write it on the back of the receipt.

I'll call the post office here and ask them on my side. They will pay for the total amount and you can use that to send to CGC to have them re-package the item. I believe that only cost $5-8. Since it is insured for $50, you should make out on the deal..... ha ha ha.

Let me know what the website says, I have to finish studying for my insurance exam.

By the way, I'm sorry that this happened to you. Thanks for understanding.

Todd

I hate to tell you this, but Ricky (speedjunkies) has already mentioned it anyway. I doubt if the postal insurance will cover the damage. I could be wrong, but I don't think the insurance covers "insufficiently_thoughtful_person packaging"........which is what this guy did.

When a claim is filed, they have to see the item and the packaging materials it came in. Insurance is not a "scapegoat" for this insufficiently_thoughtful_person to package shoddily and then push the financial responsibility onto the post office when damage occurs due to his neglect.

Again, I could be wrong, but that's been my understanding from when I filed a claim.

By the way.....reholdering the book is now $11 plus shipping costs both ways.

No doubt........although.......wouldn't that be a federal offense? 893whatthe.gif

That's why the lol was used Bug.

Not everyone pays attention to that and I didn't want the guy to try it based on a joke in an internet forum. If the joke had actually been funny, I might not have felt the need to clarify. gossip.gif

Screw this insurance hassle......it will take you a while to get your money back, if you can at all......and it's entirely the sellers fault. sumo.gif

Not to mention the PO will keep the comic.

Received another book with a cracked case yesterday! 893frustrated.gif That's the 6th book that has arrived with major damage since July. sorry.gif
Got one today from CGC but I dumped it onto Jeff. It's payback for the books that he sent to me. Oh well, I realized that the uncracked OW copy looked better than the OWW copy so no biggie! grin.gif

No [!@#%^&^] foolio. I knew that it would be hard for you to sell it as a cracked book, but I bought it from you knowing it was cracked because it is a keeper!!!! cloud9.gif
Oh...you talkin' about the MTU 53? Thought you were talkin' about another book! smirk.gif