• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art you regret selling....

64 posts in this topic

A few years ago, I sold the last of my original artwork. I had somehow lost interest in the medium and wanted to divest myself of it. What a *spoon*

I was looking through some old pictures of some of the art and got to feeling melancholy about it. I might have to start collecting again. Here are a few pages I wish I had back.....

Post some of your regrets too and let's commiserate.

dd1page.jpg

Well, I don't know if you'd call it regret, because I generally always plowed the dough back into other pieces or traded for other pieces, but this gallery represents a small, yes small, amount of the art I've sold. Ok, I may regret a couple.... wink.gif

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=41425

893whatthe.gif

Well Dan, I can see quite a few pieces in that gallery that I would greatly regret selling, and a couple that I would NOT have been able to part with. hail.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

wOW!!

You HAD a beautiful collection.

That DD #1 is frickin amazing [to me at least].

Thanks! I really miss it. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the years I sold off some killer stuff.... frown.gif

Plenty of it was sold before I had a scanner of even a digital camera. I did manage to take some regular pictures of some of it, but sadly, not all. Perhaps I can dig up an old album and find some.....

wOW!!

Thanks! I really miss it. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the years I sold off some killer stuff.... frown.gif

Plenty of it was sold before I had a scanner of even a digital camera. I did manage to take some regular pictures of some of it, but sadly, not all. Perhaps I can dig up an old album and find some.....

Please do~~!!!!!

wOW!!

Please do~~!!!!!

grin.gif

Ok, I'll try and dig some up this weekend, but don't expect too much. The pictures probably will be crappy, and there aren't many left.

Well, I don't know if you'd call it regret, because I generally always plowed the dough back into other pieces or traded for other pieces, but this gallery represents a small, yes small, amount of the art I've sold. Ok, I may regret a couple.... wink.gif

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=41425

893whatthe.gif

Well Dan, I can see quite a few pieces in that gallery that I would greatly regret selling, and a couple that I would NOT have been able to part with. hail.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Bill, considering the piece that you did sell frown.gif you have no credibility saying you would have kept anything! Ah well. Try to focus on the warm and fuzzy vibe from that tec '27 you have! cool.gif Or all those all other cool pieces. Can't own everything, as BZ put it, try as we might smile.gif

Well, Dan and Ciorac, your throwaways would be other people's treasures. But here's a question, probably more for Dan than Ciorac, because Dan is still very much in the hobby.

Did you ever fall in love with a piece? Something you loved so much, you would not sell it not matter what the price? If so, what was it? And do you still have it?

- A