• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art you regret selling....

64 posts in this topic

A few years ago, I sold the last of my original artwork. I had somehow lost interest in the medium and wanted to divest myself of it. What a *spoon*

I was looking through some old pictures of some of the art and got to feeling melancholy about it. I might have to start collecting again. Here are a few pages I wish I had back.....

Post some of your regrets too and let's commiserate.

dd1page.jpg

FYI: the Daredevil # 1 page...it's currently in my collection...

JONATHAN (I agree, it's a great page) MANKUTA

Actually Phil, the last page to X-men # 99 is in a private collection out of the country, the page Brad traded to me was the splash page to X-men #100 (same image though...new X-men face-off against old X-men), and I sold that 2 years ago or so...

JONATHAN (yeah, there's art I regret selling too...) MANKUTA

Jonathan,

I have to disagree. I have never seen page 31 (the last page) in person as you have mentioned, and I have never owned that page or the 100 splash page. Either in 1998 or 1999, you had page 30 in your portfolio at San Diego. It was the panel page right before page 31, and it definitely caught my eye. I remember this sale to Johnson quite vividly because Brad told me at Mid-Ohio in 1997 that it was a 'keeper' for him. So much for keepers.

Of course, I think most of the early X-Men Cockrum collectors are well aware of the ciruitous route that the X-Men 100 splash page has taken since your sale. Based on your message, the page went from Johnson to you to Maddalena to Burkey to Land. Anyone who is interesed in the splash can now contact Gary Land since he has it for sale on his CAF gallery.

Ciao!

PRC

Actually Phil, the last page to X-men # 99 is in a private collection out of the country, the page Brad traded to me was the splash page to X-men #100 (same image though...new X-men face-off against old X-men), and I sold that 2 years ago or so...

JONATHAN (yeah, there's art I regret selling too...) MANKUTA

Jonathan,

I have to disagree. I have never seen page 31 (the last page) in person as you have mentioned, and I have never owned that page or the 100 splash page. Either in 1998 or 1999, you had page 30 in your portfolio at San Diego. It was the panel page right before page 31, and it definitely caught my eye. I remember this sale to Johnson quite vividly because Brad told me at Mid-Ohio in 1997 that it was a 'keeper' for him. So much for keepers.

Actually, you're correct Phil, I was indeed looking at X-men # 99 pg-31, my bad...the page # 30 (awesome 5th panel of the team running at the reader) did at one time belong to Brad, and then me, and was sold a few years back (to Joe Maddalena at the time...not sure where it went after that)

JONATHAN ( I'm just full of useless art knowledge) MANKUTA

A few years ago, I sold the last of my original artwork. I had somehow lost interest in the medium and wanted to divest myself of it. What a *spoon*

I was looking through some old pictures of some of the art and got to feeling melancholy about it. I might have to start collecting again. Here are a few pages I wish I had back.....

Post some of your regrets too and let's commiserate.

dd1page.jpg

FYI: the Daredevil # 1 page...it's currently in my collection...

JONATHAN (I agree, it's a great page) MANKUTA

cool.gif Glad to know its whereabouts. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.