• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurers #1 variant cover CGC 9.6

42 posts in this topic

Anyone have a clue how much this would sell for? I just received my variant cover #1 back from CGC and it graded a NM+ 9.6.

I have never seen it on Ebay graded, and rarely have I even seen an ungraded copy. I can't even find a scan anywhere on the internet. Here's a link to the regular cover:

http://www.squaredealonline.com/sp.asp?s=N3dF

I thought I remembered a print run of 3K on that book but don't quote me. Raw sales on that title haven't really picked up any steam yet although I hope they will as it was an 80s classic!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I haven't seen any graded sales on it at all so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Dan

Yea, it was a pretty cool book with nice cover art by Peter Hsu.

Awesome stuff...picked up a bunch of the early issues on the cheap at this comic shop in Rancho Penasquitos back in the late '80s (probably not too far from where you used to live). The B&W art with wash tone was spectacular. I wouldn't mind seeing more work like that these days...I actually think some stuff works better in nice B&W, particularly in the horror and fantasy genres, as this series proved.

Gene

Yeah, I have two copies. That's actually the worse of the 2, but I'm not sure either is 9.6. Are you going to eBay your cgc copy or what are you planning on doing with it? Hope you get some nice bucks. I'd be interested if I wasn't overspending elsewhere! frown.gif

Dan

Look who's talking. That "9.4" marvel spotlight 5 of yours looks like a vf and we both know it!!!! insane.gif
Most 9.4s of that book are overgraded. Looks better than a VF dork. 893applaud-thumb.gif

but I'm not sure either is 9.6
You get the breaks anyways. Send them in! 893frustrated.gif
This statement from the master of High grade POS 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif
You? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif