• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurers #1 variant cover CGC 9.6

42 posts in this topic

Is this the cover with Two guys on the front with two swords each? Most of the rest of the cover is dark. I just bought this from my local store from the 3/$1 box. It is the second printing dated 1986.

The last page says to be continued in Elf Warrior #1

Russell

Actually, the copy I have is the one in Bronty's scan. And Bronty, I think I'm going to keep my copy. Maybe if I'm bored I'll list it with a high reserve to see if there is any interest.

The book you are talking about is the 2nd print of #1. The 2nd print is the only print with the elf warrior story (first appearance). The variant cover is the one I scanned earlier in the thread.

Dan

Most 9.4s of that book are overgraded. Looks better than a VF dork. 893applaud-thumb.gif

No it doesn't. That's why we both pregraded it a vf at the convention, dork! I remember these things! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Most 9.4s of that book are overgraded. Looks better than a VF dork. 893applaud-thumb.gif

No it doesn't. That's why we both pregraded it a vf at the convention, dork! I remember these things! 893naughty-thumb.gif

confused.gif

Greg,

you brought that book to heritage hall the same day I brought my peice of [!@#%^&^] miscut #5. we looked at both copies and agreed both were far from 9.4 crazy.gifinsane.gif

you brought that book to heritage hall the same day I brought my peice of [!@#%^&^] miscut #5. we looked at both copies and agreed both were far from 9.4 crazy.gifinsane.gif

You two are going to burst the CGC bubble if you keep this up!! 893frustrated.gif

Well, I think cgc grading is excellent for the most part. Just not on any MS5 I've seen!! insane.gif

As to the bubble bursting, ehh, what do I care? I sell the hg slabbed stuff when I get it. Prices are too steep for this cowboy.

Well, I think cgc grading is excellent for the most part. Just not on any MS5 I've seen!! insane.gif

As to the bubble bursting, ehh, what do I care? I sell the hg slabbed stuff when I get it. Prices are too steep for this cowboy.

893blahblah.gif

I've sold most of my hg xmen. Actually that issue you bought off me was one of the last ones worth slabbing except for a 9.6 #97 I listed recently. I'm afraid I have nothing left for you unless you want some circa 9.0 raw copies confused-smiley-013.gif

I've sold most of my hg xmen. Actually that issue you bought off me was one of the last ones worth slabbing except for a 9.6 #97 I listed recently.

I saw that listing, but it was a bit rich for a non-Byrne issue. grin.gif

As for the Raw, I've got tons here and am just looking for a "CGC Byrne X-Men Set" for "fun collecting" purposes. I never get tired of owning these books, so the CGC thing was a natural adjunct.