• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overspent this month so I am listing My entire collection

23 posts in this topic

Non Graded collection of Comics that is. This is a no reserve auction but I put my terms on the bottom of the auction page. I have been having difficulty selling comics as this is the 3rd time I have listed this auction except I have been keeping it up to date with my latest purchases. Please have a look and happy bidding Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/750-comics-Huge-lot-...1QQcmdZViewItem

that was brutal I am in shock.

Summer is not a good time to sell.

People are on vacation.

frown.gif

There were 86 people watching the auction so I was being optimistic, but I guess your right summer is a bad time to sell, Never took this big of a loss before Christo_pull_hair.gif

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjarren2694QQhtZ-1

well I listed a bunch of graded comics. After last auction I spent the last few hours putting these up determined to sell something to make me feel better about losing a thousand or so dollars. I was going to make a new thread about them but I don't want to crowd the boards with my sales. They are buy it now or best offers so please feel free to make an offer. Thanks I do have auto decline but I set them low because I need to sell these and recoup some of my loses.

PGX = way less money than CGC equivalent. Especially since their (PGX) resto check is unreliable to say the least.

I hate to say it, but in looking over that auction of your raw books collection -- that's about what I would expect it to go for on ebay --

It's too bad you didn't use CGC -- the books would be far more liquid -- and no that's not a commercial for CGC -- just a statement of the current market reality.

PGX = way less money than CGC equivalent. Especially since their (PGX) resto check is unreliable to say the least.

I hate to say it, but in looking over that auction of your raw books collection -- that's about what I would expect it to go for on ebay --

It's too bad you didn't use CGC -- the books would be far more liquid -- and no that's not a commercial for CGC -- just a statement of the current market reality.

Yah I am collecting Warren/Skywald Magazines now and as you can see moving in a new direction from PGX everything I get from now on will be CGC. I realize now saving a few bucks on a slab doesn't mean anything if you can't sell it.

That sucks Jarren. I know how it feels when you take a big hit on books and it can make you loose interest in comics for a while. In hindsight you should have sold them in smaller lots or on the boards. Hopefully your new auctions will do well. Good luck thumbsup2.gif

That sucks Jarren. I know how it feels when you take a big hit on books and it can make you loose interest in comics for a while. In hindsight you should have sold them in smaller lots or on the boards. Hopefully your new auctions will do well. Good luck thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Anfield your right big lots have been my main source of selling because of my laziness to make multiple trips to the Post Office, Also it is hard selling a comic thats worth 5 or less dollars and having to charge the same for shipping or more internationally I like when the buyer gets a good deal so he/she doesn't consider a refund or try to lower the price but that last auction was a good enough of a deal to never sell in bulk again at a no reserve auction.

Okay thats it I have listed everything that I own in comics all i got left. Is my new Magazine collection inwhich I plan to build till I can't hold anymore. If you like ASM you may like my new updates I made. Yes the majority are PGX and I am done submitting comics to them so it all has to go.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZjarren2694