• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC and Overstreet Grading

89 posts in this topic

Now I see why you do this " confused-smiley-013.gif" all the time. You are busy gathering data for other posts.... grin.gif
Yep...I have to show that I know something once in a while! insane.gif

Nice post greggy! 893applaud-thumb.gif Five stars

Huh? You should have rated me ages ago! mad.gif

BTW...there were a lot more Church copies in the first auction but I got tired of typing in all the obscure titles. Plus I was pissed that I lost a large part of my post when I paged back to check on something and when I went back...my whole post was gone! 893frustrated.gif

For what it's worth...my friend won a run of TTA # 35-101 in VF+ (67) in the 12/18/91 Sotheby's auction. Issue # 35 (the most expensive book from the lot) came back from CGC 4.5 VG+(A) Restored. Color touch on the spine. The color touch was done in marker no less.

Something tells me thats the book I just recieved.Unless there are many #35s floating around with marker retouched spines.Damn nice copy,looks alot better than 4.5.

How was the rest of the run?. Still looking for a kickass 59 and always looking for 60s.

Yep, that's the one. Some were graded between 5.0 - 9.4 and sold on ebay. The rest are still raw.

Here's a list of the grades:

# 36 CGC 5.0

# 37 CGC 6.0

# 39 CGC 6.5

# 44 CGC 7.5

# 45 CGC 8.0

# 47 CGC 6.5

# 50 CGC 9.0

# 52 CGC 8.0

# 53 CGC 7.0

# 54 CGC 7.5

# 55 CGC 8.5

# 56 CGC 7.5

# 57 CGC 8.5 (Keeper) grin.gif

# 60 CGC 9.2

# 61 CGC 9.2

# 62 CGC 9.4

# 65 CGC 9.0

# 69 CGC 9.2

# 70 CGC 8.5

# 81 CGC 9.4

# 86 CGC 9.2

# 89 CGC 8.0

# 91 CGC 9.2

# 92 CGC 8.5 (Keeper) cool.gif

# 94 CGC 9.4

# 96 CGC 9.4

#100 CGC 9.0

BTW...there were a lot more Church copies in the first auction but I got tired of typing in all the obscure titles. Plus I was pissed that I lost a large part of my post when I paged back to check on something and when I went back...my whole post was gone! 893frustrated.gif

Quick Tip: Always highlight the text and hit Control-C to copy it when moving back and forth between the reply window and the main site.

Huh? You should have rated me ages ago!

Didn't you slam me with a one star? mad.gif

Held out, wanting for a really good post

Actually, I actually gave you 5 stars. That's pretty standard if I know that you are a DC collector! Unless you [!@#%^&^] me off early! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about this for you guys

First grade Sotheby's 1991 auction second CGC

1) Marvel Comics 1 (Lamont Larson copy) - VF+ CGC VF+8.5

2) Marvel Mystery 2 (Lamont Larson copy) - VF+ CGC L90 (EP) (L85)

3) Marvel Mystery 3 (Lamont Larson copy) - VF+ CGC VF+8.5 OW-W

4) Marvel Mystery 4 (Lamont Larson copy) - F CGC FN-5.5 OW-W

6) Marvel Mystery 5 (Lamont Larson copy) - VF CGC VF8.0 W

7) Marvel Mystery 6 (Lamont Larson copy) - VF+ CGC VF+ 8.5

8) Marvel Mystery 7 (Lamont Larson copy) - NM CGC VF+8.5OW-W 9.2 RESUB

Bah.....who cares! I just found out that I never received my 1999 catalog in the mail even though I paid for it! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Now..I have to look for it! confused-smiley-013.gif