• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How To Conduct Proper Deal Negotitations With Forum Members

65 posts in this topic

Let's make a set of guidelines that the CGC forum members have to follow in order to deal in the marketplace

Yeah right insane.gif

Sure, we can have guidelines, but this is the CGC forums and so we can't disclose our guidelines to anyone!

Guideline for dealing in the Marketplace Forum

[*]Hereafter the expression "WTB" or "Want to buy" will be replaced with the number "8.3"

[*]The expression "For Sale" will be replaced with the number "2.7"

[*]All titles will be replaced with their corresponding numerical codes listed in the Gerber Photo-Journals, modified to include titles released since the book's debut

[*]All payment information will be replaced with numerical codes (See Table Below)

[*]All shipping information will be replaced with numerical codes listed in Appendix XIV

[*]The following list details the codes for price negotiations:

{Remaining guideline information edited for space and will be provided to forum members via email}

So in conclusion, the following listing is in accordance with the new forum guidelines:

2.7 6.01343 52 8.0 0.02 1323.04 1387.05 12412.1334 87687.2345 2134.1213 122.01

The listing is much more precise than previous marketplace posts, and contains all the necessary information. Below is the alpha equivalent for comparison, so that you may see the efficiency of the new guidelines.

For Sale: Fantastic Four 52 CGC 8.0 VF Off-White to White Pages

Outstanding centering and brilliant cover colors. No date stamps or writing. Light spine stress. Slight corner blunting especially evident on the back cover. Corners are square and sharp.

Looking for $100 cash, or a potential trade for a low grade copy of Hulk 181. I want the Hulk 181 to have the MVS, but it's okay if it's a pretty beat-up copy. Front cover eye appeal is more important than damage to the back cover, since I plan to put it on display. I will take money orders, or checks if I know you. PayPal only if it's not from a credit card. I will ship to the US and Canada, but I would rather not ship overseas. I am leaving on vacation in two weeks to meet my gay lover in Amsterdam, so I want to have the deal done before then. Send me a PM or an email if you are interested.

As you can plainly see, the new guidelines are a big improvement, and we can all look forward to smoother deals once they are adopted.

I apologize for the confusion. I was in a hurry and misread "2134.1213" as being "2134.1231"

Please replace:

"I am leaving on vacation in two weeks to meet my gay lover in Amsterdam, so I want to have the deal done before then."

with

"I will be away from the computer next week while the exterminators try to remove a carpenter ant infestation in my kitchen, so we can do the deal before then, or wait til I get back."

I'm sure several of you would have pointed that typo out, I do apologize...

Guideline for dealing in the Marketplace Forum

[*]Hereafter the expression "WTB" or "Want to buy" will be replaced with the number "8.3"

[*]The expression "For Sale" will be replaced with the number "2.7"

[*]All titles will be replaced with their corresponding numerical codes listed in the Gerber Photo-Journals, modified to include titles released since the book's debut

[*]All payment information will be replaced with numerical codes (See Table Below)

[*]All shipping information will be replaced with numerical codes listed in Appendix XIV

[*]The following list details the codes for price negotiations:

{Remaining guideline information edited for space and will be provided to forum members via email}

So in conclusion, the following listing is in accordance with the new forum guidelines:

2.7 6.01343 52 8.0 0.02 1323.04 1387.05 12412.1334 87687.2345 2134.1213 122.01

The listing is much more precise than previous marketplace posts, and contains all the necessary information. Below is the alpha equivalent for comparison, so that you may see the efficiency of the new guidelines.

For Sale: Fantastic Four 52 CGC 8.0 VF Off-White to White Pages

Outstanding centering and brilliant cover colors. No date stamps or writing. Light spine stress. Slight corner blunting especially evident on the back cover. Corners are square and sharp.

Looking for $100 cash, or a potential trade for a low grade copy of Hulk 181. I want the Hulk 181 to have the MVS, but it's okay if it's a pretty beat-up copy. Front cover eye appeal is more important than damage to the back cover, since I plan to put it on display. I will take money orders, or checks if I know you. PayPal only if it's not from a credit card. I will ship to the US and Canada, but I would rather not ship overseas. I am leaving on vacation in two weeks to meet my gay lover in Amsterdam, so I want to have the deal done before then. Send me a PM or an email if you are interested.

As you can plainly see, the new guidelines are a big improvement, and we can all look forward to smoother deals once they are adopted.

Ok, I understood everything until you got to the 2.7 thing. insane.gif