• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

You're making up a lot of ground in a short amount of time, Spook!

I would've made you pay more for that #19, but I was asleep at the wheel when it was available. Ya lucky bastich!

Great adds to your collection. (thumbs u

Rick

Thanks Rick!

I moved up to #5 in the JLA registry with those buys :acclaim:

I was hoping that I wouldn't have much competition for #13 or #19 (that nap of yours saved me some money)---I'll have to send you some ambien or sleeping aid of your choice for Christmas :insane:

It also helps that Tim doesn't bid on those measly 9.0 books :grin:

I just looked at the JLA registry for the first time in ages. I`m still #2! :o Not bad considering I`ve only made one new acquisition in 2007.

I have a higher number of books, but my registry points are only a third of yours. I'm going to have to buy some 9.8's :insane::baiting:

I just looked at the JLA registry for the first time in ages. I`m still #2! :o Not bad considering I`ve only made one new acquisition in 2007.

I have a higher number of books, but my registry points are only a third of yours. I'm going to have to buy some 9.8's :insane::baiting:

I still have the #1 B&B registry, even though I only own one B&B now. lol

I'm #5 in the B&B 28-30 registry set and I have no points :insane::acclaim:

I'm actually #3 in the B & B registry with my lowly graded ones that I could afford. Hopefully I'll upgrade in the future. Just trying to complete my JLA and X-men sets first. Have a couple of JLA's on the way in the mail right now. Can't wait to see them., #40 and 51 :cloud9:

I'm actually #3 in the B & B registry with my lowly graded ones that I could afford. Hopefully I'll upgrade in the future. Just trying to complete my JLA and X-men sets first. Have a couple of JLA's on the way in the mail right now. Can't wait to see them., #40 and 51 :cloud9:

(thumbs u

Beautiful books everyone. I think we can name this Thread "No Country For Old, 8.0 or less Books". lol

Thanks Shadow (thumbs u

All JLA books no matter the grade is appreciated on this thread :)

True. I'm just marveling at the grades you guys own though. Sheesh.

Up in the grading thread, but deserving of posting here. A couple out of my run.

does it really not say #1 anywhere? never noticed that before.

Yes, back in the olden days, publishers thought that #1 on the cover would discourage buyers that preferred a "proven product" (and maybe they were right).

For example, Aquaman didn't have #1 on the cover, although the blurb showed that DC thought that someone wanted a first issue.

49686-1488_4_01.jpg

Partially for postal regulation reasons, lots of series didn't start with #1 -- Flash 105, dozens of Marvel/Atlas title changes, etc.

Jack