• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a book's rarity work against it....in regards to its value?

26 posts in this topic

My guess is it will go outside my price range.

Certainly an interesting book, but it will be interesting to see if it's the type of item someone is willing to pour a lot of $$$ into (I'd be perfectly happy with a nice VG).

Nice pic, Sean - funny, the Pay Copy Silver Streak 1 just sold, Stephen Ritter has the Allentown Wonder 1 up for sale, and the Green Giant is now on the block 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And I'm waiting for you to set up shop again one day! thumbsup2.gif

STEVE

Certainly an interesting book, but it will be interesting to see if it's the type of item someone is willing to pour a lot of $$$ into

yes....great point Steve. As a collector who previously focused on buying and selling rare and obscure GA books, I can tell you 1st hand that rarity is a completely seperate issue from demand.

About 14 years ago I was thrilled to find and buy a VG/F copy of 'Thrilling Adventures in Stamps V1#8' ...listed, and appropriately so, as very rare in the OPG. After about 2 years, I decided to sell...I hyped it up with a great description and great pics on eBay in a 10 day featured auction....and it brought about $500 ( I paid $450 ).

I realize Green Giant is in a completely different league than Thrilling Adventures in Stamps, but my point is the same......it takes limited supply AND high demand for any comic or collectible to sell for big bucks.

I am not very familiar with Green Giant Comics, even though I have known of it and have seen the cover before........it is obviously very rare, and has alot of cool features.....according to the OPG ---published by Funnies, Inc. who also published MPFW, and contains 5 pages reprinted from MPFW. Distrubted only in N.Y., similar to MPFW which was only distributed in Boston area movie theatres, but..........MPFW contains the origin and 1st printed appearance of The Sub-Mariner.

How strong might the demand be for this high grade copy of Green Giant Comics ???

Steve