• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: 5,000 IRR Call Ups

21 posts in this topic

Time to injure yourself or something. Don't go!

Actually, its time to bring them all home. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hail.gif

I am taking the moderators refusal to remove the political posts in this thread (which they have been notified of numerous times, to be sure) as license to post one of my own.

Advocating the dereliction of duty is par for the course, isn't it? You don't agree with some policy or another, just shirk being a member of the American society. Have you stopped paying your taxes yet? Shot an airman home from the war in cold blood? How about purchase property near the President's home so you can torment him into the middle of the century?

Where is the brand of belief and honor that lead John Dickinson to refuse to vote for the Declaration of Independance but join the Army to fight for the country anyway? It's largely dead among those who believe that they are infallibly correct and can judge the course of current events and their meaning to a certainty. The fact is that no one will be able to seriously judge the current foreign policy of the US for at least two decades. Common popularity is a fickle and unwise judge of just about everything.

Americans who are called to serve go, whether they agree with the going or not. As Mac, is doing, as I would do, and as apparently some of you would not.

Good day.