• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 15

Choose 1 comic to leave list  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 comic to leave list

75 posts in this topic

What is so special about Showcase 4?

To me it is no different than Avengers 4...return of a character from golden age.

What am I missing in it's significance that it looks to outlast Xmen, Hulk first appearances?

Artboy99

1. That's the whole point, it is NOT the same character.

2. In the eyes of many of us, it is the First silver age book.

Its status as First merits at least a Top 3 finish, imho.

I dont think the next few rounds matter. Im waiting for the ultimate smackdown: AF15 vs FF1. Thats the big one. The very First Marvel superhero vs the most popular and successsful Marve; SA hero.

We all know who should win that battle. I hope those end up being the final two books.

I dont think the next few rounds matter. Im waiting for the ultimate smackdown: AF15 vs FF1. Thats the big one. The very First Marvel superhero vs the most popular and successsful Marve; SA hero.

We all know who should win that battle. I hope those end up being the final two books.

we do?

we do?

I don't. I expect a good debate.

I think the Hulk will go down next

Next competition should be across the ages - GS X-Men #1 vs Showcase #4 vs Marvel Comics #1 vs Tec #27 vs AF#15 would be interesting hm

Action 1 in a landslide. a landslide i say

Nah, the insufficiently_thoughtful_person Marvel zombies would vote it out because it's a DC.

Next competition should be across the ages - GS X-Men #1 vs Showcase #4 vs Marvel Comics #1 vs Tec #27 vs AF#15 would be interesting hm

Nah, the insufficiently_thoughtful_person Marvel zombies would vote it out because it's a DC.

Hey.

I'm voting X-Men next round because they couldn't hold their own title until the end of the Silver Age.

At least Hulk and Flash did.

It will be a tough call between Green Skin and Speedy for the final three though.

2c

Oh, and I'd vote for Action 1 as the greatest comic of all time.

I may be a Marvel Zombie but I'm not a spoon-head Marvel Zombie.

Well that's it, B&B 28 is officially DOA.

Like I said, this next round is shaping up as a real barn burner - Showcase 4 or Hulk 1?

Place yer bets.

Flash will just slightly outrun Hulk on the next round. Hulk is dead!