• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

did anyone else do this?

30 posts in this topic

how did bugs get inside the sealed container to lay eggs? confused.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wonder. insane.gif

If anyone wants to puke, I'll post a list of the eggs, bugs, human hair and mouse poop that's found (and allowable) in the average cereal. 893whatthe.gif

Hey! We actually be animals after all. What is the big deal? We eat flesh and/or we eat plants. Such are pretty much what the allowables are, neh?

how did bugs get inside the sealed container to lay eggs? confused.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wonder. insane.gif

If anyone wants to puke, I'll post a list of the eggs, bugs, human hair and mouse poop that's found (and allowable) in the average cereal. 893whatthe.gif

Hey! We actually be animals after all. What is the big deal? We eat flesh and/or we eat plants. Such are pretty much what the allowables are, neh?

Every meal is a Fear Factor challenge confused.gif

Every meal is a Fear Factor challenge

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Yep, and fear is no factor for me, I eat just about every day! Unfortunately, things like animal eggs, poop, and hair are light enough to become entrained in a small draft of air...so next time you go to the pet shop you better remember your aspirators or you're literally going to be breathing !! Ever wonder what gets caught on your indoor air recirculation filter? Well...don't even think about it...

I have a hardcopy somewhere around, but a link is easier:

http://www.newsnet5.com/betchadidntknow/1315835/detail.html

"The federal government has set some guidelines. Pasta is allowed to have 225 insect parts per 225 grams. A jar of peanut butter is allowed to have rodent hairs. In a can of corn, two or more larvae are allowed. And in orange juice, five fly eggs or one maggot per 250 milliliters is OK."

Compared to CFIA, the FDA's standards have always been fairly lax; and it appears with this post, have entered into the realm of laughingstock.