• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 16

Choose the next comic to depart  

351 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the next comic to depart

111 posts in this topic

JC's mother: "Seymour, are you fighting with other kids on the internet again?! And after we just reinstated your internet privileges after not letting you go on those comic boards for a week!"

JC: "No Mom, but those darned kids on the comics boards are picking on me again!"

JC's mother: "Well, hurry up and put on your Burger King uniform. It's about time for you to go to work."

Are people really this divided, or does it just seem that way because of a few inflammatory posts (Just ones by Certain people).

Nah, I think it's Just Ornery Hobo Nerd Turds causing all the problems.

lol Well, I've got to admit, Nerd Turds is pretty funny.

Andy

i actually voted X-men #1

i don't like the flash as a character BUT i think showcase 4 is a fairly significant book

x-men #1 just doesn't cut it - it was a book that had very little impact on the silver age. If not for lein wein the x-men would be nothing today - even adams and thomas couldn't save this turkey of a title from extinction although they did provide a brief glimpse of what this title could have been!

being a merry marvel madman i find it tough to vote against party lines but without DC its questionable whether there would have been a marvel age!

even adams and thomas couldn't save this turkey of a title from extinction although they did provide a brief glimpse of what this title could have been!

I remember reading that although X-Men sales were high, it got canceled because of reporting errors, where other books were added into the X-Men column. I think they discovered this after, which is why the book went to reprints and continued to sell well enough to stay in publication.

I voted for Hulk #1. Can't believe it, but I did.

The Hulks had some great art- Kirby, Ditko, and Romita, Buscema, Kane (in TTA), etc. Neat stories and villains, the Leader, the Abomination, Boomerang (well O.K., maybe not Boomerang).

But the X-Men had great art too- Kirby, Roth (I liked Werner!) and the stories and villains from the first 20 or so issues- Magneto, Juggernaut, the Sentinels, the Mimic- storylines I really liked as a kid, and characters still popular today- Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mastermind...

Showcase #4? Never read it, but I did like the Barry Allen Flash. It does seem to be a significant book. Maybe I'm being influenced by all I've read or heard about Showcase ushering in the Silver age, I dunno. I am not a comic historian or expert by any stretch. Just a lifelong reader with great memories of all these books and characters.

So I voted out Hulk #1. Still can't believe it. Don't make me burn my MMMS card, please?

Oops, still learning how to spell VILLAINS.

And...there's also an edit button so you don't have to make a post about a spelling mistake... :baiting:

Andy :shy:

-dually noted and edited. Thanks Andy!

David (remaining forever teachable)