• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VAULT AUCTIONS: Concern with CC payment? Security Certificate Expired??

30 posts in this topic

FOLLOW UP:

(Did your final total the date you paid match your CC invoice?)

INVOICE #VA-B630 5 Sep 2003

Congratulations, you were the successful winning bidder on the following Lots:

Lot No. 390 Title IRON FIST #12

Action Closed Price: £ 116.00 ($186.76)

.................Premium: £ 11.60... ($18.68)

................................ £ 127.60 ($205.44)

SUB-TOTAL:............£127.60 ($205.44)

Postage/Packaging...£ 8.10 ($13.04)

Extras £ 0.00

Description Of Extra Cost

VAT 0.00

TOTAL..................... £ 135.70 ($218.48)[/b]

"Approximated" Rate Exchange = 1.61

Please note that all payments are to be made in GBP £ Pounds Sterling - US$

*figures shown above are approximate and for guidance only.

Credit Card payments add 2.5% surcharge. .

=============================

OFFICIAL RATE CALCULATOR USED (from the Valut Site) THE DAY I PAID:

135.70 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 215.600 USD

United States Dollars 1 GBP = 1.58880 USD

Rate Exchange Day Paid = 1.5888

135.70 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = $215.600 USD

ADD 2.5% Credit Card Surcharge = $5.39

that is not listed on your invoice because you have not paid yet.

TOTAL (should be?).........$220.99

CREDIT CARD WAS BILLED: $226.65

(less $220.99)

Discrepency: $5.66?

Not a big difference, but higher again then the calculated figures.

I suppose the answer is that they don't "necessarily" convert your funds the day you pay. So, if you assume that "exchange rate" (the day you pay) is what you'll be charged... you're probably wrong. I don't think you can lock in an exact known price if paying by credit card. Expect a fluctuation, probably a bit higher.

I'm curious how a final price is determined for those of you that DON'T pay by credit card? Do you go by the estimate (if so, does the Vault eat any discrepency)?...Do you bring the (GBP United Kingdom Pounds) amount to the bank and get a conversion rate for that day with an international MO?

I have been reluctant to get into this but I have had a big problem with them also. I paid part of my books from a few months ago by cashiers check and tried to call them with cc info and never could get them on the phone and they would not call me. after a few weeks I forgot about it! I have emailed and called them several times and this is still not resolved. It will be resolved one way or another but I will never buy books from europe again!

It can by very trying and confusing, but it was a bit better this time for me.

I hope you get some satisfaction. i would not be thrilled if I called Europe a coupl of times on my dime and did not get a response when trying to pay?

Now for praise/credit due...

I did receive my auction win just an hour ago and it arrived safely and pretty quickly too. The shipping holder is the same (sorta minimalistic), but they added a layer of bubble wrap this time.

I'm glad they hired some help.. definitely an improvement in my experiece this time. Now that I understand everything (conversion rate change, CC processing, etc) it should be even easier the next time.

They actually have the lowest commission rate now that I think about it as they have a 2.5% credit card surcharge vs. 3% by others with the same 10% base rate. I also like that you can see the bidders even though you may not know them anyway.

Anyone else receive their book(s)?

I also like that you can see the bidders even though you may not know them anyway.

Exactly the reason why I like the Vault auctions. Only one of their CGC books interested me the last time, but it went for too high of a price.