• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody want to bird dog the Kirby OA for me in SD?

7 posts in this topic

I cannot go to the SD Con this year, so I'm wondering if anyone there wants to give me a heads up regarding any new Kirby art that will be there?

When I say "new" I mean stuff that hasn't been sitting on somebody's web site for the past 12 months, not new as in 1980s. A lot of the dealers seem to like to "unveil" their stash in SD and if you're not there, the good stuff gets snatched up.

I'm looking for primarily large art Silver Age or pre-hero Kirby, and non-large art Kirby Captain American and FF. I have a few specific wants but am interested to see what gets busted out on site. If you want to give an OA brutha a hand, shoot me a PM.

(worship) (thumbs u

Hey i'd love to know what vintage Kirby art makes it on dealers tables at SD. Why not just post what you saw and price so all bruthas can benefit. Same goes for Ditko art too

Clem....

Hey i'd love to know what vintage Kirby art makes it on dealers tables at SD. Why not just post what you saw and price so all bruthas can benefit. Same goes for Ditko art too

Clem....

meh Great idea Clem, but it absolutely flies in the face of the Super-Duper Ultra-Uber Double-Dog Secret Original Art Collectors Club (aka, SDUUDDSOACC) code of "ethics", which clearly states in Section 5, Paragraph 3 that "No SDUUDDSOACC member shall share any information about art for sale to anyone else in the universe, even pieces they themselves are not interested in, because someone else might buy the piece, and another collector might actually compliment them more on a piece that they own over a piece that you own." ;)

I have not been deemed worthy of membership in the SDUUDDSOACC yet but I was once granted permission to glance at their leather-bound rulebook and bylaws as a favor for bird-dogging a piece for one of the members of the Club. I was able to memorize this one passage and now I fear my eyes will be poked out while I sleep by fiery sticks weilded by the Great Wizard and Grand Poohbah Overlord of the SDUUDDSOACC for revealing yet another secret.... :whatthe:

Clem....

meh Great idea Clem, but it absolutely flies in the face of the Super-Duper Ultra-Uber Double-Dog Secret Original Art Collectors Club (aka, SDUUDDSOACC) code of "ethics", which clearly states in Section 5, Paragraph 3 that "No SDUUDDSOACC member shall share any information about art for sale to anyone else in the universe, even pieces they themselves are not interested in, because someone else might buy the piece, and another collector might actually compliment them more on a piece that they own over a piece that you own." ;)

I have not been deemed worthy of membership in the SDUUDDSOACC yet but I was once granted permission to glance at their leather-bound rulebook and bylaws as a favor for bird-dogging a piece for one of the members of the Club. I was able to memorize this one passage and now I fear my eyes will be poked out while I sleep by fiery sticks weilded by the Great Wizard and Grand Poohbah Overlord of the SDUUDDSOACC for revealing yet another secret.... :whatthe:

doh!

Oh no! Steve - just forget about that PM I sent! I know nothing!

Clem....

doh!

Oh no! Steve - just forget about that PM I sent! I know nothing!

lol Nuh-uh-uh-thing!

SgtSchultz.jpg