• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Books & Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

43 posts in this topic

Carolina.. are you saying I should see a doctor and get some Flux too? hehe.. actually, I should be a comfort to you, you see, I don't take perscription drugs, and I don't drink.. and I'm still the way I am.

Doctors in the last 50 yrs have made up so many diagnosis for this and that... I'm here to tell you ''YOU ARE ALL NORMAL, AND PROBABLY MORE NORMAL THAN MOST'' or at least more intelligent for investing your money in something that has basic social value, like the ability to read...

Peace out!

Carolina.. are you saying I should see a doctor and get some Flux too? hehe.. actually, I should be a comfort to you, you see, I don't take perscription drugs, and I don't drink.. and I'm still the way I am.

Doctors in the last 50 yrs have made up so many diagnosis for this and that... I'm here to tell you ''YOU ARE ALL NORMAL, AND PROBABLY MORE NORMAL THAN MOST'' or at least more intelligent for investing your money in something that has basic social value, like the ability to read...

Peace out!

Thank You. I tried explaining your exact words to my parents, but they still didn't believe that I was conducting myself within societal norms.

Another OCD example would be the paper that I use in college. I only uses Mead Rounded Edge Filler Paper. I cannot write on paper with edges, because it sidetracks my focus on that particular subject.

Okay, I confess... :blush:

7 things I MUST do to read a comic book:

1. Say out loud "I'm going to read a comic" and walk once around the block.

2. Re-enter the house and proceed directly to the Reading Room.

3. Six small chairs line the north wall. Each chair has a small selection of comic books piled in it's seat. I examine each pile and make a selection.

4. I take the comic over to the vintage Paidar barber chair and have a seat.

5. I read the comic sitting perfectly still. Head tipped slightly forward.

6. When finished I dust my neck with talc.

7. On my way out I toss the comic back across the room. Left arm, sideways pitch toward the chairs. (and this is key to the whole experience) Eyes forward, I do not allow myself to see where it lands.

79.jpg