• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAIR OF HULK 181's FOR SALE!!!!

123 posts in this topic

Poor guy comes here to sell books and gets condition bashed, then has his thread hijacked. I guess he won't be staying long.

He probably should hang around to learn about grading more to avoid getting raped in the butt buying comics.

Kenny looks like the sun hasn't faded but burned him from his (cute)avatar; good news is that it shows he's lost weight!

I always put a cardboard at the front and back of my boxes

:whatev:(:

I use those two cardboard dividers that come with the long boxes I get.

Mine have their own private room in the basement :acclaim:

"Where the sun don't shine . . . " lol

Poor guy comes here to sell books and gets condition bashed, then has his thread hijacked. I guess he won't be staying long.

He probably should hang around to learn about grading more to avoid getting raped in the butt buying comics.

Man - double *spoons* missed! :blush:

Yellow in "WOLV" un-faded.

Well unless your scanner is doing something funky, the letters at the beginning of "Wolverine" are a significantly lighter yellow than those at the end.

Agreed. There is fading, although it is not as bad as the red. Fading like that dead center of FC IMHO keeps this out of 8.0-8.5 range.

I feel your pain, as this isn't news I would welcome about a Hulk 181 I owned either. :(

It's still a great key book, and will still find a buyer, whether here or elsewhere. It would just need to be priced accordingly.

Yep.

Sun-Fade kills it.

The top one has creasing on Hulk's leg too. :(

Still is in higher grade though I think.

6.0 on the top one and 5.5 on the faded one.

Painful to learn your VFs are Fines.

Any chance you got those off eBay? :news:

Man, you're crazy if you think that is a 6.0 and 5.5. :whatev:

I feel your pain, as this isn't news I would welcome about a Hulk 181 I owned either. :(

It's still a great key book, and will still find a buyer, whether here or elsewhere. It would just need to be priced accordingly.

Yep.

Sun-Fade kills it.

Man, you're crazy if you think that is a 6.0. :whatev:

Which one?

The top one?

Yep.

Sun-Fade kills it.

Man, you're crazy if you think that is a 6.0 and 5.5. :whatev:

OK, do you think they are higher or lower?

Quite a bit higher. Not as much on the first as I think 6.5, but the second one is definitely much higher than 5.5. No lower than a 7.5--I'd agree with an 8.0 on it. The fading is not that severe. Had the fading not been on it, I would call it up to a 9.0. The ASM #1 CGC 9.0 in the 2003 OS guide on page 192 has a similar structure to this book.

I admit it is a bit of a guess as to what CGC would grade that fading.

I probably came in on the low side.

It's like a water stain to me.

I have seen both books in person and examined the second Hulk #181 closely, and it's just a weird fade. I actually think it's a printing defect. When the reds printed, that section of the printing plate was probably dryer then the other parts of the plate for some reason. When printing the guy in charge of the press is supposed to monitor the amount of ink being applied since it can constantly vary. Maybe this book just slipped through. I just can't see how a book would have a sun fade like that.