• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there.....

910 posts in this topic

swarm.jpg

A Swarm hive is almost impossible to detect. When a hapless victim stumbles on a forum that houses a Swarm and disturbs it with an offending message, the Swarm will erupt and fly at their victim from all directions. Taken one at a time the irrelevant, often mindless individual attacks can be easily brushed aside, but because of the sheer volume of the assault even the strongest Warriors must eventually yield. WARNING: Only those who are highly skilled in Swarm management techniques should attempt to wade into a Swarm hive. but even with protective clothing opposing Warriors should expect to suffer a few stings.

I know it should not matter because a transaction, is a transaction, is a transaction no matter what the final price may actually be.

But we are talking about VG books that were bought for below Good book value right?

I am baffled by this whole thread and am going to get back to work.

:(

Ze-

A transaction is a transaction is a transaction, and the price paid relative to "book value" shouldn't be relevant.

If someone grades a book "VG+", they should deliver a VG+ book.

If they deliver a VG- book, ok, no biggie.

If they deliver a book who's entire spine has been color touched, and this is not disclosed....then there's an issue.

How much is a VG+ Batman #113 worth that has had the entire spine color touched? $5? $10?

Why does the price matter in any way....?

Remember this: people are driven out of this hobby by overgraders and scammers who lie to them, regardless of the price. I don't wish that to happen. That's why I stopped selling: I couldn't compete with the overgraders, and the people being driven away by those overgraders.

I'm still shocked that this is so controversial here.....and that the "consensus" is that I'm some sort of nutjob because I stand up to scammers. Heh.

'Your welcome' is "Being snide, hostile, and rude"?

If we "don't get it" it's probably because you're making no sense.

No REAL offense intended, but if it makes no sense to you, it's because you can't really understand it. Let me try to explain once more (though I know this is for deaf, er, eyes):

Me: "I'm disappointed in this transaction, and it cost me time and money. Oh well. Thanks anyways." (note the rhetorical "thanks anyways.")

Seller: "Your welcome"

Me: "My "thanks anyways" wasn't a thank you. It was an expression of exasperation."

Seller: "Your welcome" (which, at this point, is the snide part.)

Me: "What, are you TRYING to get negative feedback?"

Seller: (deleted without even reading, blocked, which is the "hostile and rude" part.

All clear?

I don't let sellers take advantage of me or others.

if he didn't give you the full refund....now that would have been taking advantage of you.

True.

Which is why I didn't let him take advantage of me.

swarm.jpg

A Swarm hive is almost impossible to detect. When a hapless victim stumbles on a forum that houses a Swarm and disturbs it with an offending message, the Swarm will erupt and fly at their victim from all directions. Taken one at a time the irrelevant, often mindless individual attacks can be easily brushed aside, but because of the sheer volume of the assault even the strongest Warriors must eventually yield. WARNING: Only those who are highly skilled in Swarm management techniques should attempt to wade into a Swarm hive. but even with protective clothing opposing Warriors should expect to suffer a few stings.

Excellent.

I'm going to say the over/under on the number of forum members who will put you on their blocked bidders list after reading this thread is 15. :gossip:

I'm taking the over.

This from the guy who sold me a Brave and the Bold #34 as "VG/F" that had the cover detached and GLUED back on....? And then hassled me when I returned it?

Oh, sure, you gave me a full refund, including return shipping....after I made a stink about it.

But why were you selling a book who's cover had become detached and GLUED back on as unrestored VG/F in the first place?

You can't use the "this book was too cheap to bother grading properly" excuse.

By the by....by all means, if you're inclined, PLEASE block me. I'd much, much, MUCH rather deal with honest sellers who don't overgrade for fun and $$$$.

Besides...everyone here knows that eBay's broken, and new accounts can be made to get around blocks. I don't do that, but people have, obviously.

boltman_1937 ( 67 [Feedback score is 50 to 99] )

Member since Feb-26-07 in United States

I have left feedback for 741 items sold on eBay since February 26, 2007, which are all of the items I have sold and been paid for since that time.

I have received feedback for 635 items sold on eBay since February 26, 2007.

I have not sold any eBay items to anybody with an eBay name of boltman_1937, nor, for that matter, have I bought any items from anybody with an eBay name of boltman_1937 since February 26, 2007, when boltman_1937 signed up on eBay.

If I did sell you an overgraded book, I do apologize, and I'm sure I refunded your money. But it wasn't to boltman_1937.

swarm.jpg

Excellent.

Welcome aboard.....

. But it wasn't to boltman_1937.

Nope, it wasn't. This was (I could probably look it up in my Paypal account) in 2003 or so....on another eBay account.

I was perturbed that I got that book (still haven't gotten another copy) and it was in that shape. To me....that's a pretty easy thing to spot, especially on a "higher dollar" book, and to be completely fair, FD, I hold you to a higher standard than the average eBay seller.

But, hey, I appreciate the apology. Obviously, it was something I've held on to.

All clear?

What's "all clear" is that you've made a mountain out of a molehill because you wanted your feet licked because you were unhappy with the transaction. He did his part in refunding your money and shipping and was tired of hearing you yap at him.

All clear?

What's "all clear" is that you've made a mountain out of a molehill because you wanted your feet licked because you were unhappy with the transaction. He did his part in refunding your money and shipping and was tired of hearing you yap at him.

Nah, that's your fantasy interpretation.

No molehill.

No mountain, but a decent sized hill.

I didn't "want my feet licked." That's just your invention. I wanted either ANY hint of remorse, or nothing at all.

Not a snide response.

As far as "tired of hearing me yap at him"....again, that's your invention. There were TWO e-mails, consisting of THREE sentences (about 50 words) total.

So enough with the spin spin spin, heresy.

Hijack in progress,,,,

Kenny's going to bed, so the hijack is over. Still, this thing is just getting nasty and unproductive.

Not to bed, just had to finish up some work that needed attention, bedtime isn't for another hour. :baiting:

btw, were there posts deleted in this thread already?

Ze-

Man, I wonder what this guy would have done had the books been worth over $100? First, he would have been sweating out actually getting them. Then he'd worry about their grades. Then he's worry if the seller was a nice guy or not. Then he'd worry if the guy would be a smart aleck. Then he's worry about getting the refund once he sent them back. Then he'd worry if the shipping would be refunded. Then he's worry about why this guy wouldn't disclose the restoration.

Rocky, EBay is the wild, wild west. You are so lucky to get your money back and the shipping expenses.

Lighten up, dude. Life is too short!

That is, "I'd expect you guys to understand that more than anyone."

We understand...a seller refunded your money...you got ticked off and negged him...

So what's your eBay handle???... hm

:signfunny:

Man, I wonder what this guy would have done had the books been worth over $100?

Check my feedback. You'll find a few transactions over $100.

And what would I have done? The same thing I always do: wait for it to arrive.

I've got a couple of $200-$600 pieces of art on their way to me now. I'm not "sweating out".

First, he would have been sweating out actually getting them. Then he'd worry about their grades.

Nah, I don't worry about what I cannot control.

Then he's worry if the seller was a nice guy or not. Then he'd worry if the guy would be a smart aleck.

Nah, I don't worry about other people's reactions until I get them.

Then he's worry about getting the refund once he sent them back. Then he'd worry if the shipping would be refunded.

Nah, I don't worry about things Paypal/my bank will ultimately take care of.

Then he's worry about why this guy wouldn't disclose the restoration.

THIS I DO worry about....don't you? Shouldn't EVERYBODY?

Rocky, EBay is the wild, wild west. You are so lucky to get your money back and the shipping expenses.

Lucky?

LUCKY??

Seriously??

No. That's why I pay with a credit card, ALWAYS. It's not "luck" that I got my money back. It's perseverence.

Why are there so many people SO willing to let the scammers do their work uninterrupted?

Do none of you see the problem, here? The guy sold a book with restoration undisclosed. The guy sold a book that was badly overgraded. Then, when I complained, he quickly issued me a complete refund.

Do you NOT recognize the modus operandi......? Dupcak, people, Dupcak.

Is this guy Dupcak? Of course not. Is he doing the SAME EXACT THINGS Dupcak does/did? Yup.

And many of you are enabling him by coming after ME and painting ME as the bad guy.

It's MIND BOGGLING, ESPECIALLY on THIS board!

Lighten up, dude. Life is too short!

All of you guys who think I should "lighten up", please send me all your money, and I will send you NEAR MINT/MINT copies of random 90's books.

:grin:

*Deep Breath*

Relax. Think happy thoughts. :)

You got your money back.

I'm still waitring to hear back from a Texas DA I sent a bunch of paper work to back in 2000 about a big time scammer on eBay.

He got me for $200.

*Deep Breath*

Relax. Think happy thoughts. :)

You got your money back.

I'm still waitring to hear back from a Texas DA I sent a bunch of paper work to back in 2000 about a big time scammer on eBay.

He got me for $200.

I'm not unrelaxed. :grin:

The first neg I got on this account was from a felon named Zoraida Nascimento. She "sold" me about 15 excellent Silver & Gold books, all "high grade", for $1550. Good pics, good descriptions, the whole nine. Amazing Spiderman #2, #7, Detective #55, etc.

She sent me a fully insured empty manila envelope. I still have that envelope. You can tell there was nothing in it, because 15 Silver and Golden Age books would have expanded the envelope and permanently altered the structure OF that envelope (and, the books wouldn't have even FIT in this envelope.) You can tell that there's never been anything in this particular enveloped.

She also did it to a couple other people.

I filed a police report, a chargeback, and got all my money back. I left a negative because I wanted to let the other people who'd been scammed (the auctions were private, and I had no way of contacting them) know that they weren't the only ones, and hopefully contact me so that they would also file police reports to put this thief in jail.

The seller left me retaliation, completely lied TWICE, and I have no way of getting rid of that negative (while leaving the one for her intact) unless I convince a judge to issue and order to remove it, and that costs money.

When I was new to eBay, round about early 1999, I "bought" a complete set of Primer #2, Grendel #1-3, all "NM", all "signed by Matt Wagner."

These were the days before Paypal, eBay dispute resolution, etc. Sent a money order to Texas for $180 for those four books.

Received nothing. eBay did nothing.

So yes, I've had it just as bad as just about anyone else. And there are other examples. Please do not misconstrue any of my points tonight to be "comparison" of any kind, because it pales in comparison to OTHER scams against me, and, I'm sure, against many of you.

What I DID want to do was point out another scamming eBay seller, who does the same exact thing Dupcak does, just not as refined.

I ASSUMED that that would be accepted and people might even post about THEIR crappy sellers, but instead, I get attacked and "put on blocked lists" because people think I'm being some sort of crybaby or something, even though this seller ACTUALLY SOLD RESTORED BOOKS AS UNRESTORED, one of the cardinal sins of this hobby, and then was a total person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed about it.

Bizarre.

As far as scams go, I came out ok on this one, but that doesn't change the reality of the scam....and THAT'S the important part.