• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bc

• Last visited

5 Followers

About bc

Personal Information

Recent Profile Visitors

3,723 profile views
  1. Funny you should mention that title I got popped in my Catholic Elementary school with a copy of Son of Satan #5 in 4th grade. Was showing it to a friend and a Nun saw it. Scolded in front of classmates - check! Dragged to the office - check! Parents called - check! Comic book confiscated - check! Further parental punishment - check! Later in Junior High, had a copy of Crazy magazine confiscated by a study hall teacher. -bc
  2. Thanks sir The poll results look dorked, but judging from the posts, the demographics don't seem to have changed much over the past 20 years. -bc
  3. +1 Hopefully we can find the last poll and compare results over time. -bc
  4. My best gig as a kid wasn't the paper boy routine - it was as an altar boy. Got at least $5 per funeral or wedding tip which would take an hour. Could make an easy $20 a week depending on the season. Most of that went to comics. -bc
  5. But isn't that the age period (when you look at the sum of 40+ to 70) when people have the most disposable income? -bc
  6. Fellow Paper Boys Unite! Delivered the now defunct Cleveland Press 7 days a week for about 3 years before we moved out of town during my 6th grade year. Had to do the weekly collections, which never really bothered me since the weather blows 6+ months a year in Cleveland and the sidewalks were seriously uneven. Hated the Sunday paper - the wagon would be plenty heavy. Grew my route to 4 city blocks by the end - think I pocketed a whopping $5 a week. Moved to the country and got a job on a farm that paid $5 a day (plus food, drinks, horse riding), but it was real work. -bc