• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A BEATER Amazing Spider-Man #6

What Grade Would You Give This?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What Grade Would You Give This?

24 posts in this topic

Ok, we all know I'm a nasty low-grade collector, and I think I found another step-child to adopt. Let me know what your thoughts are on the grade, and how much you'd pay for it (OSPG '06 lists a 2.0 at $153).

ASM6-1.jpg

ASM6-2.jpg

ASM6-3.jpg

ASM6-4.jpg

ASM6-5.jpg

Hey Forrest,

I'd say .5, maybe a weak 1.0 at the absolute highest. While I of course agree that it's great to score any low-grade early Spidey! ...the tape on the interior pages is what kills this one for me, even compared to other Fair to Poor copies. Even if it's a great deal, I'd probably try to hold out for a better one (just one guy's opinion).

I sold a better-looking Fair copy on ebay last year for about $65. I'd probably do $30 tops for this one.

Jon

Well, it was a copy on eBay and fig'd what the heck. The seller had a good rep, positive feedback, and very detailed listing. And the starting price was $9.99. I put in a bid of $20 (+$5 s/h), but it sold for about $30-- more than I wanted to pay. I don't feel bad though since 1. I've already spent a "little" more than I should have this month and 2. have a buy pile I'm working down at my LCS. I was just curious what other people thoughts were on this one.

Poor! 0.5

Worse than your 5 which I thought was close to 1.0.

I wouldn't pay more than $25 like you did for your 5.

You can do better. :baiting:

Well, it was a copy on eBay and fig'd what the heck. The seller had a good rep, positive feedback, and very detailed listing. And the starting price was $9.99. I put in a bid of $20 (+$5 s/h), but it sold for about $30-- more than I wanted to pay. I don't feel bad though since 1. I've already spent a "little" more than I should have this month and 2. have a buy pile I'm working down at my LCS. I was just curious what other people thoughts were on this one.

Good plan. $20 + shipping is about right were I go. (thumbs u

Eh, out my hands now- bid went higher than I was comfortable paying. Seller said that it was fully attached though loose.

It's good you passed! Have faith that you'll find another, better #6. Something tells me that years from now you won't be sitting around daydreaming about this copy and saying "gee, if only I'd gone to $31...."

Considering the $300 some profit I made for you on your copy of 6, I think YOU ought to give me a little MORE than a kiss ;):baiting::grin:

:o

You're not my type sandle boy. :baiting:

:eek: Yuck. I'm glad your going to hold out for a better copy. Did you see the low grade DD's in the marketplace?

I did see them! Too bad Deamentia got his hands on the ones I was eye-balling first. JiveTurkey got one AMAZING deal with those early ASMs for $10-$20 ea though. Simply unreal.

And Aces, those are my nice L.L. Bean sandals! How could you not like them?-)

Yeah jive turkey snapped them up quicker than a lightening strike. I was going to put them up on E bay but I found this board when I signed up for the collectors society(yeah still have my 3 coupons) Ebay might have fetched me more but might have also fetched me more problems, which could be worth more headache than money. I thought about sending some of the better books in to CGC but I still feel the books were all readers except I think ASM 17 which was the best. I also found so much knowledge being shared on this board, that I felt, since my hiatus from collecting, collecting during a time (90's) where the books cant even sell below their cover, that I needed to give back something, hence my selling the books here. I am very glad to be here and like I said before the insight and knowledge on books and grading is great. Dollar bin will be up I promise soon.