• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tales of Suspense CGC 8.0 - internal issues . . .

21 posts in this topic

IF it was a 8.0 before the chip, it probably is about a 7.0 now.

Still, your CGC label says 8.0!

i bought the book as a pedigree cgc 8.0 copy. i even submitted the book with the label. and now it lost it's pedigree and is now probably a 7.0? ugh.

i am glad that the label says 8.0. i was hoping people would say 7.5, but i guess a chip of that size off the edge really hurts the grade, eh?

You know what they say, "Chip Happens." lol

Lighten up . . . it's not CGC's fault that the book has brittle overhang at the TE. It's still a nice book. The grade is not affected at all . . . unless you crack it out :devil:

You know what they say, "Chip Happens." lol

Lighten up . . . it's not CGC's fault that the book has brittle overhang at the TE. It's still a nice book. The grade is not affected at all . . . unless you crack it out :devil:

i was a bit upset when i first got the book back, but i have lightened up alot since then.

i don't plan on selling the book regardless. i was just more curious about how much a chip like that affects an 8.0 book.

I didn't think a book lost its pedigree? There was a thread running around about this earlier. I could be wrong though...

it shouldn't have lost it, but it did . . .

I didn't think a book lost its pedigree? There was a thread running around about this earlier. I could be wrong though...

it shouldn't have lost it, but it did . . .

Now that might be worth a telephone call . . . :grin:

This kind of stuff happens more often than you would think. This book was taken out of the slabb, sold, and then quickly resubmitted but not by me (apparently returned with the old label). Sure the cover was "almost fully detached" and probably ready to go if handled but the pages went from "slightly brittle" 2.5 to "brittle" 1.8. I totally disagree with the change in page quality. Who knows what happen with this but the book was only out of the slabb for probably less than 6 months. Maybe it went to "brittle" after realizing that they popped the cover off?

MMC4CGC2.jpg[/img]

Don't have a scan of the 1.8 but i do know who currently owns it.

i guess the thing is now, is if i make a fuss about the pedigee status, i'd have to resubmit the book, right? then the grade would be dropped :(

is getting the pedigree notation worth it?

i guess the thing is now, is if i make a fuss about the pedigee status, i'd have to resubmit the book, right? then the grade would be dropped :(

no matter what you do, the value is going to be commensurate upon the condition....I'd just bite bullet and have it re-slabbed as a pedigree if you're going to sell it...

actually, I'd have it re-holdered with the correct pedigree notation....not re-graded hm

either way....gotta be disclosed if you sell it....people get angry when things aren't described accurately.

Cheers

no matter what you do, the value is going to be commensurate upon the condition....I'd just bite bullet and have it re-slabbed as a pedigree if you're going to sell it...

actually, I'd have it re-holdered with the correct pedigree notation....not re-graded hm

either way....gotta be disclosed if you sell it....people get angry when things aren't described accurately.

Cheers

thanks for the advice.

i just got off the phone with CGC customer service, and if I'm going to get the pedigree notation, I need to have the old serial number, which I don't have because the old label was submitted with the book. it sucks because I don't even remember which pedigree it was. I had the book in my possession for little more than 2 weeks before i submitted it for the Stan Lee signing. i guess i'm out of luck :tonofbricks:

and of course, if i were to ever sell it, i was for sure mention the chip at the top.

Cheers

thanks for the advice.

i just got off the phone with CGC customer service, and if I'm going to get the pedigree notation, I need to have the old serial number, which I don't have because the old label was submitted with the book. it sucks because I don't even remember which pedigree it was. I had the book in my possession for little more than 2 weeks before i submitted it for the Stan Lee signing. i guess i'm out of luck :tonofbricks:

and of course, if i were to ever sell it, i was for sure mention the chip at the top.

who did you buy it from? if it was CLink or Heritage or really anyone besides the faceless masses on eBay, you should still be able to find a record of it...

it's CGC's fault for not including the Pedigree notation on the new label...

Does the Ebay auction you brought it from not list the Pedigree in the auctions description? It should be easy enough to check your bought items to track down what Ped it is and not even bother with the seller who sold it to you.

Was that chip bent like that when you submitted it? Or did that chip happen post slabbing and finally only broke off when you were taking pictures? :(

If it was already badly bent you should inquire about why they slabbed the book with obvious brittle overhang up top.

What did CGC say when you informed then that you did supply the old label with the book? Perhaps you can direct them to the auction you bought the book from?

And lastly, sorry for your loss.. bummer.

Ze-