• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best/Lowest Cost Online Sniping Service?

32 posts in this topic

I have absolutely had it! I use a Windows-based, local Snipe program, and had a ton of auctions I was watching tonight - with a few VERY important ones. So my wife comes home from work dead tired, so naturally, I offer to fix dinner, shower and dress the kids, make milk/drinks, do the garbage, etc, etc.

I think you can guess what happened - I log on at 6:45 and discover I missed ALL of the auctions. :frustrated:

No more, and I am now going the online route so this kind of :censored: never happens again.

Low cost is priority, but also large enough to hit a high % of bids.

what service did you use previously? did it fail to make the bid or was your bid not high enough? I use bidnip and so far no problems. I have lost auctions cause my max bid was not high enough.

what service did you use previously? did it fail to make the bid or was your bid not high enough?

I use a LOCAL program, that only works when my PC is on.

And all my bids were much lower than the winning bids, and several even had no bids at all (yes, I've contacted the seller). :frustrated:

Like Zipper68 said, never a problem with esnipe. You buy "points" ($10 for 1000 points), and each win is deducted from your point total. For example, you win an auction for $35, 35 points are deducted from your total.

Like Zipper68 said, never a problem with esnipe. You buy "points" ($10 for 1000 points), and each win is deducted from your point total. For example, you win an auction for $35, 35 points are deducted from your total.

I checked on esnipe, and there is a minimum of 25 points per transaction, regardless of winning bid. doh!

But the "only pay for auctions you win" feature is a good one.

I think I remember a "free trial" for ESnipe... and it was free.

(There might be some limit in the fine print.)

When you're actually paying it is $0.25 minimum per win.

Completely free if you don't win... and 1% of all wins above $2.50 final price.

What I like best about ESnipe is the software that allows me to "Right-Click" in any Ebay auction

and automatically set my ESnipe.

See an auction.

Right-click and set ESnipe.

Done.

Other services may have this now, but since I've been on ESnipe for 4 or 5 years,

I haven't had the need to check out the competition.

JC, if you sign up with bidnip

you get 5 FREE snipes to start out with

that will only be used if you win the auction.

Plus the cost after the 5 snipes are used up is only

25 cent a snipe reguardless of how much the

auction amount is.

The best bonus is if you get people to sign up

you earn 5 snipes as well.

I haven't bought that many snipes because

I keep getting people to sign up,

Bidnip is the best! Hands down!!!

:thumbsup:

So, if I sign up for bidnip, buy 20 snipes, and lay down 25 bids....

And I win 3 of them, but lose the other 22 snipes to higher-bidding EBay'ers, then I would only get deducted 3 snipes total?

I ask because their fine print is a bit hazy, and they keep guaranteeing that the "snipe will go through or it's free".

So, if I sign up for bidnip, buy 20 snipes, and lay down 25 bids....

And I win 3 of them, but lose the other 22 snipes to higher-bidding EBay'ers, then I would only get deducted 3 snipes total?

I ask because their fine print is a bit hazy, and they keep guaranteeing that the "snipe will go through or it's free".

That is exactly it. (thumbs u

I've been using esnipe.com for years. Never a problem. Excellent performance. Only pay for auctions you win (1%.)

I've used ESNIPE so long I remember when it was auctioned off on eBay for $10k and I still get any snipe under $25 for free :banana: . Esnipe will also email you before the auction ends if your snipe has already been outbid so you can adjust your snipe (thumbs u

Mike