• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 3

Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 3  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 3

71 posts in this topic

X-Men 141...

I'm also puzzled why that one's still on the list.

I agree, it wasn't a hugely significant comic, except that it introduced a staple and often reused storyline to the X-Men.

And for the record, I thought the two parter (X-Men 141 and 142) was an exceptional bit of work by Claremont, and one of my favorite stories of that era. It was almost Byrne's swansong on the title too, and he turned in one of his best efforts on it.

OK, thanks. I've never read it -- it's one of a handful of issues in the 100s that I don't own. I'm not even sure what the "alternative history" business is all about. It's probably been reprinted in a dozen different places, right?

Jack

I cant believe Man-bat and Deathlok are still on the list.

I can't believe X-men are still on the list.

I can't believe 100% of the votes aren't for the first appearance of Blade. Talk about a non-event. 2c

Do you guys hang out on the same boards that I do? The only thing people seem to care about these days is whether a character has a movie/is licensed. Whether the comic itself is good and whether the character is popular/influential in comic circles has become pretty much irrelevant, as far as I can tell.

Cerebus 1 must go because...who cares? It's a book everyone proclaims to love but but noone I know can actually read the damn thing.

X-Men 141, leave us. Days of Future....what? Who gives a rats carcass! Just another badly written Claremont POS.

Make it so.

(thumbs u

This alternative future got a little old after awhile.

Cerebus 1 must go because...who cares? It's a book everyone proclaims to love but but noone I know can actually read the damn thing.

X-Men 141, leave us. Days of Future....what? Who gives a rats carcass! Just another badly written Claremont POS.

Make it so.

(thumbs u

Big time.

Make it so.

(thumbs u

Big time.

So go blame Quantum Leap... UXM 141 was original for the time.

Make it so.

(thumbs u

Big time.

UXM 141 didn't create the concept of alternative futures. It was actually a cool story, and if they'd just left it there it would've been fine. But how many X-Men storylines over the following decades kept going to this particular well, and then characters like Bishop and Cable started being generated from the alternative futures. After a while, it all became just incredibly boring and confusing.

Make it so.

(thumbs u

Big time.

UXM 141 didn't create the concept of alternative futures. It was actually a cool story, and if they'd just left it there it would've been fine. But how many X-Men storylines over the following decades kept going to this particular well, and then characters like Bishop and Cable started being generated from the alternative futures. After a while, it all became just incredibly boring and confusing.

i think a pretty convincing argument could be made that X-Men 141 is the least original concept in this entire contest, but also one of the best-written stories