• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what to look for in a large storage bin lot?

26 posts in this topic

Hopefully there will be at least a good mix of Spidey's X-men and Batman in there to make the effort worthwhileb

This kind of stuff, especially if it's from an old comic store, is always picked through and absolutely full of :censored:. I wish you luck, but be prepared for the worst.

Well you nailed it. The books were from an old comics book store that had closed down about 10 years ago. I quickly scanned through maybe 10 boxes out of 70. The boxes were mostly the ones that comics are shipped in from Bud Plant. The old coot selling them said that there was about 250 books in the boxes when full, but that seems a little high to me.

On the good side the books were mostly in very nice shape, probably averaging VF and the pages looked nice even though they had been stored in a unit of cargo containers.

on the bad side i did not see a single book from a major title although in the group that he had taken a picture of there was Wonder woman, JLE, Captain America.

The store was in business for many years so there is a chance that there are some decent books hidden in there.

Not sure what i am going to do yet.

Watchmen and DKReturn were '88, right?

Maybe you'll get lucky with those.

Does it not even look like a decent purchase for $1 book stock?

Sandman isn't high dollar, but still better than $1 stuff if there's any of that in there... of course, if he was OOB in '92, I'm sure the Sandman are gone.

Actually, I guess that's the huge problem... anything that's worth money now would have been worth money in '92 as well and probably wouldn't have found its way into the storage bins. :(

Ten years ago was 1997. If that's true, the glut is probably what killed the store. Think lots of holographics covers, post-unity valiants, bazillions of copies of X-Men 1 (each of the five covers), and other over produced stuff. I think the stuff from then is best used as insulation.

Justice League Europe is worthless, Wonder Woman has one good issue, #85, and Captain America has nothing of note.

I understand your dilemma, their might be something good there but you may have to take a bunch of books you can`t move to get them.

I have about two or three thousand books i`d like to get out of my collection but i can`t find any takers. :frustrated:

I`m considering giving a bunch of image comics to goodwill if they`ll take them. doh!

Well you nailed it. The books were from an old comics book store that had closed down about 10 years ago.

You know, it's NOT fun being right all the time. doh!

And just for your own use, when a comic book store "closes" and "sells his entire stock", virtually every book of any worth has already been a) sold at 50-75% off sale, or b) the owner has squirreled away before shutting down.