• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Cr@p - $100 for this!!!!!

28 posts in this topic

Yep, supposedly the Marvel Zombies ones were one per case....when they first came out, I actually saw them go for closer to $150 each :o

I was actually able to resist the urge though :insane:

Its odd but I guess its like those pokamon cards...

Nope, Pokemon is still hot on TV, video games and cards, while this lame Marvel Zombies fad will be over soon - probably by winter.

Nope, Pokemon is still hot on TV, video games and cards, while this lame Marvel Zombies fad will be over soon - probably by winter.

My kids love Pokemon...they watch the series and play the Pokemon games on their DS.

it probably wont be over too soon due to the Marvel Zombies II that is coming out.

The Pokemon card game is NO WHERE near as close to as hot as it use to be. That was huge for a while when it first came out.. I worked at a comic shop and u couldn't keep that stuff stocked.

But back to topic. People aren't mainly paying that much because its a zombie, It's because the figure is super rare.

People aren't mainly paying that much because its a zombie, It's because the figure is super rare.

But the reason the limited edition figure was issued a ZOMBIE, was due to the increased nerd demand from the fad.

I am actually one of the largest heroclix collectors out there, I have them all and the price you saw for this figure is acutally low

The Zombie heroclix were inserted 1:100 packs of the Supernova expansion and were the begining of what was called CHASE Figures. Meaning about 1 figure per every 2 cases and a total of 4 different CHASE figures.

Packs of heroclix supernova sold out quickly and many packs were going well above thier $8.99MSRP.

The zombies were Hulk, Spider-man, Col. America and Wolverine. Hulk was the most wanted, some hulks sold for over $200 but have platooed around $125.

DC also had chase figures. They were Alfred, Wizard Shazam, Lois Lane and Hippolyta. Shazam, Lois and Alfred still go for over $120 . Hippolyta is stable at around $60

lol

If I ever want a HeroClix set, I'll just wait a few years and buy a complete one for $9.99 off EBay.

Good luck, heroclix has just passed 5 years. So if I was you I would just keep on waiting. Sets of even the earliest figures still are over the $100 mark when you include uniques. You can probably pick up a set MINUS the uniques (rare figures) for about $35-60 depending on the set.

I guarentee you that some figures such as Kingdom Come Green Lantern and Kingdom Come Superman will never be less then $10