• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Cr@p - $100 for this!!!!!

28 posts in this topic

I am actually one of the largest heroclix collectors out there, I have them all and the price you saw for this figure is acutally low

The Zombie heroclix were inserted 1:100 packs of the Supernova expansion and were the begining of what was called CHASE Figures. Meaning about 1 figure per every 2 cases and a total of 4 different CHASE figures.

Packs of heroclix supernova sold out quickly and many packs were going well above thier $8.99MSRP.

The zombies were Hulk, Spider-man, Col. America and Wolverine. Hulk was the most wanted, some hulks sold for over $200 but have platooed around $125.

DC also had chase figures. They were Alfred, Wizard Shazam, Lois Lane and Hippolyta. Shazam, Lois and Alfred still go for over $120 . Hippolyta is stable at around $60

Good for you and glad you are enjoying your hobby.

Earl.

I am actually one of the largest heroclix collectors out there, I have them all and the price you saw for this figure is acutally low

The Zombie heroclix were inserted 1:100 packs of the Supernova expansion and were the begining of what was called CHASE Figures. Meaning about 1 figure per every 2 cases and a total of 4 different CHASE figures.

Packs of heroclix supernova sold out quickly and many packs were going well above thier $8.99MSRP.

The zombies were Hulk, Spider-man, Col. America and Wolverine. Hulk was the most wanted, some hulks sold for over $200 but have platooed around $125.

DC also had chase figures. They were Alfred, Wizard Shazam, Lois Lane and Hippolyta. Shazam, Lois and Alfred still go for over $120 . Hippolyta is stable at around $60

Earl.

Ditto, sounds like fun (thumbs u :applause:

Earl.

Ditto, sounds like fun (thumbs u :applause:

i wish i had all the Captain America heroclix!

:cloud9:

Welcome to boards.

Unfortunately, I must agree with JC. Not sure how long you've been in the gaming hobby, but they always tank. Especially when the game is over. At some point, there simply won't be new ideas for new figures.

Use Mage Knight as an example. I have a ton of them. They are absolutely worthless now. Just the way of gaming. Even uniques, like Storm Golem, get nex to nothing.

Don't worry about value. Do it for fun.

Pat

The thing about free items is that they tend not to be worth a whole lot more than that, including that piece.

Except for Magic, which is stronger than ever, I don't think a single collectible game has held it's values relative to their peak. I opened a half-case of the first Clix set, got a Thanos among the chase pieces, and it was a solid $35 piece at the time (I never saw one offered over $50). Since then, innumerable more powerful pieces have come out, and the price has dropped to about 10-20% of that. However, being a well-known, licensed property, the collectible part of CCGs will usually hold at least some value, based on scarcity, depending on what exactly the item is. This is where they differ from wholly invented games like Mage Knight, where there's no history or external meaning to an item. I can't imagine something like a Versus card having any value long-term, but Heroclix are kinda neat little figures, and if you're a fan of a minor character chances are there is a piece for him/her/it when there is little to no chance of getting an action figure or whatever. And if you like Superman, Batman, Cap, Spidey, etc., there is a plethora of pieces to collect, whether or not you ever even think about playing the game.